Fake Card: Eater of Souls; Demon

• Thread starter Force of Will Smith
  • Start date
F

Force of Will Smith

I love the pic... he seems a little vanilla..
any suggestions? the name can change entirely as well.

Attachments

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Way broken. A 5cc 9/9 trampler that you don't want to use alongside other creatures. Two Dark Rituals and this guy hits on turn one. If your opponent has no removal, he swings for 9 on all of your subsequent turns. I am not sure what deck would capitalize on having something like this, but it is overpowered (or undercosted, depending on how you look at it).

F

Force of Will Smith

hmm.. maybe i could make him cost 5BB and he costs 1 less for each creature you sacrifice upon casting...

or maybe he'll just be like a super-delraich... where you sac 5 creatures as an alt. cost.. and make his normal cost really high.

We were actually throwing around 2 other ideas of cumulative upkeep

1. CU: sac a creature
2. CU: eat 2 chicken mcnuggets

we figure with the latter.. you'd only have him around for 2-3 turns with a 10 piece.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Now I wouldn't touch him at all. It would be hard enough to get two creatures out after summoning him, and then he still only sticks around if you can keep up a constant supply of creatures. If you are able to throw out that many creatures, there are more productive uses for them than feeding some 9/9 trampler. For three more mana (which is a lot, but so is losing flying and the somewhat costly regeneration ability along with gaining an exponentially worse upkeep and losing all of your creatures when it comes into play), I can get Devouring Strossus, which will in all likelihood outlast my opponent...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Not necessarily. There's always token makers like Breeding Pit or something. But the upkeep does seem high, especially for cumulative. Maybe just sac one creature for cumulative upkeep (but like FoWS said, the intent is that he's not supposed to last a long time anyway - with a 9/9, you should be killing your opponent in three turns).

F

Force of Will Smith

plus the Lord of the Pit may be a demon.. and the strossus may be super badass... they are not in fact... eaters of souls...

thats all this guy really wants to do... eat things.. the way i see it...
you pay 3BB+B+0 (you have 1 creature already or you play a thopter)
next turn.. sac both... you have a big badass... you should have 5-6 mana free... if from 5-6 you cant get 2 creatures... you just lose him like a big black ball lightning... if you can get 2 creatures.. say.. carrion feeder and a drudge skeleton.. you've got an enormous fatty...