Fake Card: Djinnseller, tutor, bounce, change type, damage

• Thread starter Force of Will Smith
  • Start date
F

Force of Will Smith

I was looking through some 3 and 4 color instants and found you can pretty much do anything... compare to cromat

Compare to Sliver Overlord, Sliver Queen, Cromat, and Genju of the Realm

his abilities can compound for some amazing things..

he's basically a 3/3 for almost 1 of each color that has 2 abilities..

UR: Deal 2 damage to target creature.
UU: Return target creature to its owner's hand
you could tutor for djinn's if you were actually running them...

I like how i lucked out and found quinton hoover type artwork that seems like it would have fit in arabian nights :D

what do you guys think...

Attachments

E

evan d

unsure. Makes me think of lightning angel, lots of power and lots of colors.

this would be a great card in a deck that allready supports 4+ colors.

E

evan d

the bop avatar says that all you lands tap for a mana of any color

J

jorael

The card has too much interactive abilities (which are very cool, by the way). It can tutor for cards, can protect itself & control creatures (bounce/kill). Great ideas, but I'd create a set of Djinn cards that do these things and some kind of a "Djinn lord" which could be multi-multi colored (4-5 colors)...

D

DarthFerret

I have no imput on the card text. But, as a Quinton Hoover fan (I have mentioned in a few threads that he is my Fav. Artist) I would have 2 critiques about your art choice.

1. It is too cartoony. I do not mean the actual drawing, but the coloring of it. Quinton used colors that blended well together and didn't clash.

2. There are not enough "lines". Hard to explain since I am not an art afficianado (nor a speller) but with most if not all of Hoovers art, there were a lot of lines, especially around the Arabian Nights period. Check out his Llanowar Elves, and Doppleganger if you need some extreem examples of what I mean.

The art is good, but I would hesitate to say that it is like Quinton Hoovers....

By the way, I do like the concept and the abilities.

F

Force of Will Smith

cool cool.. well its kinda like him... more than say the drippy deadness of robert bliss, or the clear-pupiled artwork of ron-spencer, or the musclature of paolo parente, but if they were all lined up... i think this would "resemble" quinton... or at least serve as an imitator... :D

heres what i think of when i picture hoover's work

Attachments