Fake Card: Creeping Ghoul, Slowly but surely.

• Thread starter Force of Will Smith
  • Start date
F

Force of Will Smith

The wording on this one is kinda wierd and i think it has the potential to be an infinite combo with aluren...

im debating whether when it leaves play you get to search another..
or something where at the beginning of your upkeep you may shuffle one copy into your library...

I also thought about making it legendary.. that way you'd always have one.. but the recursion would trigger..

any thoughts how i could make this guy not suck like gravebane zombie, allow a stream of constant 2/2 fear zombies, and but up some roadblocks for infinite combos?

since i had to edit the artwork, i included a close-up version where you just see his face and limbs, and the other where he might actually be seen as "creeping"

Attachments

L

Limited

I like the zoomed out version of the art more.. matches the 2/2 more or something.

About allowing a non-combo broken stream of zombies, how about:
"When CZ is put into the graveyard, you may search your library for a card named CZ and put it in your hand. If you don't, you may shuffle all cards named CZ from your graveyard into your library."

In any case, you should up the cc to at least 2BB, because 1BB already buys you a vanilla 2/2 Fear (Severed Legion)

F

Force of Will Smith

NICE!! that's perfect... i was gonna say something like.. when he's put into a graveyard shuffle him back... 2BB seems fair.. but thats for a single 2/2...
if i wanted for you to be able to shuffle the same one im not sure its worth pushing from 1BB to 2BB... how bout this..

1BB=4
2BB=5
so lets go for my "rating" of 4.5

so either 3B or BBB for the zombie.

D

DÛke

No, it's not okay at all. It's too powerful.

For 1BB, you can get a 2/2 with Fear, at best. Howling Wolf was 3G and had only a part of the abilities your card has.

This thing can't cost 2BB. Unless you take out its CIP ability part. Its CIP ability, not it's graveyard-triggered ability. But I don't think you can see the difference here.

Well...3BB would fit better, and would enable you to make it a 2/3, but not a 3/2. Though, again, I'm sure this significant point regarding p/t is something beyond you at this stage.

F

Force of Will Smith

do you really have to be obnoxious in every post..
you start saying something somewhat valuable.. then you make a comment which makes me want to ignore it... what a waste of a post.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Why? To me, they come across as scornful, insulting, and condescending. How does that help any critique?

D

DÛke

Spiderman, when a person disrespects me because they didn't like what I had to say or the "tone" of how I said it, I shrug it off, but I do make it my point to "rub it in" whenever I have the chance. In another thread, FoWS suggested that I should "stop posting," and also displayed the inability to handle a critique. So in return I made sure to post in few of his recent threads, and made it a point to find most flaws in his cards, not that it was difficult.

But, I'll stop. Out of respect for you, and no one else.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks. But I still think you should still critique the card ideas (not sure if that's what you meant by "stopping" also, but just covering the base).

:)

F

Force of Will Smith

heres an update... he's pretty killable... but i think if i make him cost more no one will want him..

Attachments

F

Force of Will Smith

we'll i need to playtest him.. (a.k.a. hear how many groans i hear in my playgroup)
but he's a reshufflable creature that makes it so you can never deck yourself, and possibly have an infinite combo...

besides.. if they kill your 1/1 you get another..... and another..... and another....

either 2/1 or 2/2.. if you take a welkin hawk 1W 1/1 flying.. with just the search ability.. you get that ability for free.. but if it had the ability to reshuffle it would probably cost 1 more... hmm.. .. which would make the 2B 2/2 zombies cost 2BB... *ahem*... like i said... some playtesting..