Fake Card: Celestial/Angelic Knight

• Thread starter Force of Will Smith
  • Start date
D

DarthFerret

Celestial Knight is my vote. If you still like the name Angelic Knight, why not make one that is pro white?

Just like the storm knight, I think the balace is right on par with a White knight, so go for it!

F

Force of Will Smith

Woot!... thing is.. angelic curator has pro art... but...
and the kicker was that he has wings... but either would work.. too bad this artists didnt do another "good" looking knight :(

theyre still affected! so why not go the added route... nothing artifact touches this... he's

anti icy
anti cursed totem
anti meekstone...

one powerful oink!

D

DarthFerret

It would not be anit-meekstone, because meekstone does not "target" creatures. By the same rule a creature that is Pro White (Black Knight for example) is still affected by Wrath of God, but safe from Swords to Plowshares.

Other than that, you are correct, it is still pretty kick oink!

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
"Unaffected by artifacts" doesn't mean anything in Magic. I am pretty sure that I understand what you are getting at, but as you can see, it isn't entirely clear. DarthFerret doesn't interpret it as being "anti-Meekstone." You should clarify it in some way. It might take up a lot of space in the textbox, but that's what they had to do with Guardian Beast...

F

Force of Will Smith

ok.. actually unaffected was meant to mean that not only is it pro artifacts.. its invisible to artifacts... unaffected.. i'll have to add reminder text

[this] is unaffected by artifacts. (This includes triggered and global effects of artifacts.)

D

DarthFerret

If that is the case, then maybe it is a little too high powered for the mana cost. When you start restricting a global effect, then you are talking about a pretty powerful permanent. Even though it is a 2/2 if it cannot be touched by meekstone/Nevynralls Disk, etc....That jumps its usefulness up ten-fold.

Might be better as a 1/1 or with a 2WW cost. The only other way to balance it would be to give it a drawback. Plus one added thing. The "unafected by artifacts" cannot be hacked/slight of minded. Nothing can change it.

E

evan d

Name wise i think it should be angelic knight becuase celestial to me should be in the sky. However, i would like to keep the name Angelic knight open to wotc.

Any, it should just be pro arifacts.

F

Force of Will Smith

awwww.... allright...
angelic and storm... no change and cut unaffected.. got it..

E

evan d

i would rather see it at 1ww and craeture not artifact coming into play.

Becuase, why is it unaffected by arifacts yet gets stronger because of them.
Keep it pro artifacts.

D

DarthFerret

I still think the mana cost might be a colorless too low. You have the same cost as a regular 2/2 first stirke Pro Black (white knight) and you have a soul net on it as well....I think I have to go with evan d...needs to be 1WW.

F

Force of Will Smith

perhaps ill leave it off to keep it at WW, cause it makes it have less flavor, like the paladin en-vec...