Fading Signatures

F

FadingInsomniac

What's up with this? I make a fading signature (from white to blue) and all of a sudden Griffith_Se and Chaos Turtle are blatantly copying what I started. I guess I just have to accept my role as a trendsetter for the whole world...

M

Multani

Tag Guard

As someone once said:
"A little failure is the cure to a big ego."
:D
BTW: How do you make your words Bold?

[Edited by Multani on May 17th, 2000 at 06:56 PM]

F

FadingInsomniac

Well, Multani, just put a [ b ] (without the spaces after the [ and ]) before the text you want to be bold and then when you're done, a [ /b ] (again, without the spaces). Now, the important thing is that you not put ANY spaces in between the ['s and the ]'s and the text that you want bold. Also, substitute an I for italic text and a U for underlined text.

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
I don't know that much about web formatting (next to nothing, actually) but I think you're using hex codes for the colors, right? Well, CT talked with Ed quite a bit a month or 2 ago about it, so I imagine he already knew how to do it. What's up with Griffith_se I don't know, but maybe she knows about this stuff too. I wouldn't get upset about it, since being a trendsetter IS kind of cool!

Remember always, plagiarism is the first rule of journalism! :D

C

Chaos Turtle

I did know about fading techniques (CheetaFader is too cool).

But I figured it was way too much trouble until I saw FadingInsomniac's sig.

It was, by the way, to much trouble. Going from color to color is a lot more trial-and-error than going from white (or black) to a color (or vise versa).

Anyhoo... you should be flattered. :)

G

Griffith_se

Yes, I copied Your Fading Sig. Technology, but only cuz.....

YOU DA MAN!!!

C

Chaos Turtle

I think Griffith's is the coolest-looking one so far...