Est la douleur ce que vous lui faites

C

Cateran Emperor

Wrong, Communism is an economic system, not a government system. If you consider my feelings baseless, go right ahead, I honestly don't care. I feel sorry for your own ancestors' loss, but I can't answer for that having not been there myself. I have met some modern day communists at various places, and I can honestly say that they didn't strike me as overly tolerant either. I didn't go out and start bashing their heads in (regardless of how much I wanted to for their "holier than thou" attitude, which I'm sure tehy feel the same way about). Once again, bigotry isn't a good thing, but I say ignore it if they don't act on it. Freedom of spech is a good thing I hear.

M

Multani

I've noticed an interesting trend, which leads to an interesting equation.

CE + Multani + another highly learned individual + a slightly contreversial issue = A debate and discussion of usually epic proportions.

Am I right? :D

C

Cateran Emperor

Right on target there oh lord of Green magic. :cool:

Green mana + Black mana + anything else = BOOM

At least these are fun :D

D

Duel

an economic system is almost the same thing. Combine that with a moral code, and you have, more or less, a system of government.

Besides, the doctrine of belief is not the same as the people practicing it. Don't believe me? Read the Bible. Look at the fan club.

D

dw51688

I'm having trouble with the second line...

but thanks for calling us all a bunch of big stupid people in the first line

ni hao, hao shou!

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
I don't speak French, or Russian, and my Spanish is, at best, horrible, yet even if I could speak those languages I'd still post here in English.

Call me naive if you like, but I always thought the reason we post here is because we've got something to say, but if you say it in a language most of us do not speak your message will not be heard. And don't say it was only meant to be understood by someone who does, since I believe that's what the whole PM system was created for.

I really don't want it to come down to this, but if people keep posting in languages I, or another moderator, don't understand. well, I'm sorry to say it, but we're going to have to start deleting these posts.

dw, this is not a proper place to practice up on your French, and I don't even know what language Multani was speaking, much less whether he swore when he did so. I'm not really meaning to come down on you two, because I realize that many others have also posted in alternative languages, but I think enough is enough.

Please everyone, let's keep it in English from now on. :D

N

nodnarb24

English: I think Multani was posting in chinese.
Spanish: Pienso que Multani anunciaba en el chino.
French: Je pense que Multani postait dans chinois.
German: Ich denke Multani auf chinesisch aufstellte.
Italian: Penso che il Multani affigga nel cinese.
Norwegian: Jeg tror at Multani posterte på kinesisk.
Portuguese: Penso Multani estava colocando em chinês.

M

Multani

Wo shou??!! Chi ma wo bu shi yi ge ai zhi.

And that is all I have to say on this thread.
I just have to get in the last word. :D

D

Duel

English is dull. Now pig latin, THAT'S cool!

Solutelyabay oolcay!

K

K9Archmage

Duel, i agree. English is a stupid and dull-sounding language. it is one of the simplist languages to learn.

Hoipa

N

nodnarb24

I've heard that english is the hardest language to learn because there are many exceptions and rules. But I don't know for sure since I speak it natively.

M

Multani

Generally, English is hard learn grammatically.
Otherwise, it's fairly easy to learn.

Chinese: Now that's hard to learn and speak. You have to actually memorize, and sounding it out won't help.

Z

Zhaneel

English is hard gramatically, but also because vowels and some consanants have many different sounds, whereas in Spanish, for example, each vowel is pronounced one way.

D

Duel

Yeah, but even with all the bizzare wordings and phrasings (Who the hell decided to spell "Phonetic" like that? huh?) english is still a scrabbled and pieced together language, with no whole seamless picture or connection. A little bit of Gaelic, a little bit of latin, a little bit of arabic.
that sound like "Mambo #5" to anyone else?

C

Cateran Emperor

Highland Gaelic is the coolest language ever! (also my hereditary language) You get silly words with absurdly few vowels!