Pro Tour New York

Monday, June 19
2:30 - 3:00pm ET
1:30 - 2:00m CT
11:30am - 1:00pm PT

M

Multani

Tag Guard

Spiff, I was looking back at some of your posts.
You have no idea how easily I could have killed
you if only I knew you can't put "Tag Guard" as a subject. Damn :mad:

"To make peace with the forest, make peace with me."
-Multani to Urza

A

Apollo

PM? There in the afternoon? No way! I don't believe it! They're usually at one in the morning. The first one is the day I get off school, so that's cool. Thanks for the info Rancor.

Apollo

F

FoundationOfRancor

Not to be selfish or anything but lets keep this thread alive so everybody can see the times and so no one will miss one of the few telvision showings of professional mtg!

F

FoundationOfRancor

oh and, sorry for all the posts tonight. Its really hot in my room so I cant sleep!

M

Multani

Tag Guard

I think FoR means hot as in room temperture.
I don't think he means hot as in sex...:D
Otherwise, how could he type the post?
(Just trying to keep this thread alive.)

F

FoundationOfRancor

If I was having sex in here, do you think I would take time out to post on the CPA? Sorry, this site is cool but not that cool...

C

Chaos Turtle

Great!
Monday is Arena day, I'll have something Magic-ish to talk about!
Kinda wish it was a whole hour, though.

D

Daenen

Chaos Turtle:
Out Arena night is on Wednesday. What is the theme this time around? Ours is Goblin Wars (30 of one kind of creature, Extended Format. The reigning champion is the manager at our local Comic book store, and he is playing Beasts.)

M

Multani

Tag Guard

Arena day? Sounds interesting. :)
BTW, does anyone here live in California?

C

Chaos Turtle

[offTopicRant]
Our Arena rarely has a "theme." That's what I keep complaining about when I say the Arena has ruined our local casual environment.
Last season we used Vanguard, which is as close to casual as we have been in over a year. Next season we're planning a weekly rotation of Standard, Extended, Masque Block, Urza Block, Standard. I suggested Block Party instead of specific blocks, since it would at least be a little more "fun."
Ah, well, enough complaining from me.
[/offTopicRant]

On topic:

Don't forget to watch! Especially if by some chance you happen to be a Nielson (ratings, it's a U.S. thing) family, so that they know people are actually watching this stuff.

M

Multani

Tag Guard

Off Topic- What the hell does LOL mean?
On Topic- People we have to keep this thread alive.
(Stands up, take charge)
I want everyone to post here every now and then. We may have to resort to off topic stuff to keep this thread alive.
(Melts into the background)

D

Daenen

Our arena theme this rotation is Goblin Wars. Here are the rules on the deck:

1) Extended format. All bannings and Restrictions apply.

2) Minimum 30 creatures of one type in your deck and sideboard. (you could have 10 in your sideboard, and 20 main deck.)

3) No hate-cards/Mass-pump cards, for instance, here are some other banned cards in Goblin Wars:
Engineered Plague
Coat of Arms
you get the idea.

The three decks that are currently dominating Wednesday night are all controlled by the same person, who happens to be the store manager. The three decks are, Beasts (7-0), Goblins (6-1), and Clerics (7-0).

If you are looking for other fun formats, try these:
Godzilla (all creatures must be atleast 4/4)
Continuous Draft (open 3 packs, pull out one card. This card will never see play. Take the rest of the cards, and shuffle them toghether. You and your opponent lay out the top four cards, face up. You choose one, he/she chooses 2, you take the last one. Then he/she goes first, you choose 2, he/she takes the last one. Continue until there are no more cards. Build a 40 card deck, and play best of 3. Then, you move onto your next opponent, take out the lands from your deck, and shuffle your deck with his/hers. Continue until the store closes.)
Creatureless deck (name says it all)

That's the only ones I can remember. Oh, well. If I remember any more, I'll tell you.

A

arhar

This could easily become the OFFICIAL MOTTO OF CPA:

If I was having sex in here, do you think I would take time out to post on the CPA? Sorry, this site is cool but not that cool...

Just helping to keep this thread alive :)

Hey Goblin wars sounds fun... Just wait till I get my Soldiers.deck, BWAHAHA!!