ESPN showing on June 20, Just saw it

F

FoundationOfRancor

What did you guys think of it? I thought it was okay, and seeing the match was kinda cool. But like a quartre of it was devoted to how to play the game! That wasnt cool. Anyway, what are your thoughts?

T

theorgg

It was Rebel vs Rising Waters. MMBC.

I liked it, but it should've had other matches.

for this one, however, it could either be this, or reb vs reb, or waters vs waters.

and untill the whole world is fluent w/ magic, ESPN will insist on having part of the thing explaining the game, or at least trying to.

A

Apollo

I thought it was terrible. They had too many commercials. They went to commercial at 2:43 (eastern), came back, and went to another at 2:46. They skipped over way too much of the match. They had another interview with John Finkel, even though he once again had nothing to do with the match. They had interviews with the players that no one will be interested in.

And the announcers. Ack, they were awful. Pikula and Buehler would go off and start talking about how the players got there, who was better, etc. Action would be going on, and I would have no clue what was happening because you couldn't see what cards were in play with the camera as high up as it was.

This could be done much, much better.

Apollo

C

Cateran Overlord

It was a definite improvement over the past, and I enjoyed it personally. I do agree that it had too many commercials, but more importantly it wa WAY too short. I mean, half an hour??? They should give it at least an hour. And also, some advance notice of when it's on would be very helpful, as I missed the first showing of it.

B

Bladefall

That was my first match I've watched on TV. I thought it was ok. It was way to short. And again, I hated how they pretty much skipped 2 matches! I can't wait for the World Championship the 6-8 of August I think.