Ender's Shadow

Z

Zadok001

Ok, first things first, I _love_ Scott Card's writing. It's that simple. I've read almost everything by him I can get my hands on. Ender's Game was the first, of course.

And now Ender's Shadow. DAMN! I would almost say it runs on-par with the legendary Ender's Game. It starts in at the same time. It ends at the same time. It follows the same events, but from a different perspective. I would have thought that would make it very, very similar to Ender's Game. Nopes. :) Put simply, Ender's Shadow now ranks in my top-ten book list, right next to Ender's Game. I would have put money on it being a rehash, but Bean's character is _so_ drastically different from what it seemed to be in Ender's Game, the entire book seems new again. :) Comes highly recommended, especially if you like Card (and I know there's a few of those freaks out there who don't, but still! J/K)! :)

"Harry Turtledove was pleasantly suprising as well..."

F

FoundationOfRancor

It was pretty good. I still think Children of the Mind was the best one though.

F

Fire Slinger

I don't mean to sound ignorant, but who is Scott Card and what kind of fiction does he write. As for Harry Turtledove, his Worldwar series is one of my favorites.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Unless he dropped his first name recently, I thought it was Orson Scott Card.

He writes science fiction.

C

Chaos Turtle

To my detriment, I have not read any of Orson Scott Card's novels. I will someday.

I have, however, read a writing guide by him. Something like How to Write Fantasy and Science Fiction. Something like that.

The man's brilliant.

That's all I wanted to say.

Z

Zadok001

Yeah, that's right Spidey. I have a habit of referring to people who use all three of their names on a regular basis as ~middle~ ~last~. It's just another one of my stupid habits that never goes away.

"Like typing 'Good Thing(tm).'"

F

Fire Slinger

Well I just bought Ender's Game. It looks good. I plan on starting after I finish Hannibal, which is the sequel to The Silence of the Lambs.

F

Fire Slinger

I just finished reading Ender's Game

Wow!!

Ender's Game now ranks as one of my top three favorite books. They are:

Ender's Game

Where the Red Fern Grows

Hearts in Altantis by Stephen King. If you have not read this book, Read It!. Its not horror.

T

The Magic Jackal

I read ender's game. It was great until you read the last chapter. The last chapter was really bad. It was so bad that I couldn't even get myself to read the next one.

If they would have stopped at the end of the second to last chapter, when ender was doen with his "games", I think it would have turned out better. you would not have known what he was going to be doing next, so it gives a good opening for a sequel. IMHO, this book fell apart at the end just like the adventures of huckleberry finn.