Enchantress.....

G

Griffion2000

How do you play an enchantress deck?
I know its W/G enchantment deck using the enchantresses to draw cards.
But how to you win?

Please help the total newbie. :D

D

Duel

3 Seal of Strength
2 Seal of Cleansing
4 Argothian Enchantress
3 Verduran Enchantress
3 Endless Wurm
4 Auratog
4 Rancor
4 Exploration
4 Wild Growth
2 Flickering Ward
3 Sterling Grove
1 Scroll rack

4 Brushland
4 Savannah
3 Gaea’s Cradles
3 Serra’s Sanctums
6 Forests
3 Plains

Win methods include: Auratog beatdown, wurm beatdown, and, uh, drawing up auratog and wurm and beating people down with them.

M

Mikeymike

Enchantress decks come in every color combination.

W/G like you reffered too usually uses the Yavimaya Enchantress as finisher to rumble over, Key cards in the deck:

A. Enchantress (maybe Verduran too)
Yav. Enchantress
Rancor
Spirit Halo
Soul Sculptor (to sac the Rancor and spirit halo for life and to re-cast)
Ancestral Mask
Serra's Sanctum
Endless Wurm
Wild Growths and/or Fertile Ground
Seal of Cleansing

R/G is similar (and can be R/G/W very easily) but uses big burn spells like Kaervek's Torch, Rolling Thunder and Firestorm. Cards you might want to try:

Wild Growths and/or Fertile Ground (key to the deck: lots of mana needed)
Task Mage Assembly (works wonders in here)
Autumn Willow
Fling (if you go the big creature route)
Earthcraft
Seal of Fire

U/G is a combo deck that empties your opponents library with Stroke of Genius. I really wouldn't recommend it to a "total newbie" ;) to start with, but I'm not your mother and can't tell you what to do.

How it works:
Uses all 8 Enchantresses to draw cards, and enchant lands (and Earthcraft is HUGE in here) for mucho mana.
Then it uses the Urza's block blue spells to untap your enchanted lands (Frantic Search, Time Spiral, Cloud of Faires, Palinchron) to generate 50+ mana to deck your opponent with Stroke of Genius. I've seem some versions run Vernal Equinox so it could go off at any time, but I don't really feel its neccessary.

B/G
Probably not the strongest but can be the most fun. Use BIG creatures, Survival of the Fittest and possible Recurring Nightmare, Animate Dead and Diablic Servitude to pull them out of your graveyard. Seal of Doom is nice in here too.

---

There are literally a 1,000 different ways to build the deck, that's why I'll always have some sort of version built to put some whup down on an opponent. Plus its always fun to play (except the U/G, but that's a personal opinion).

Hope these help, if you'd like help with a deck list let me know. Also, they are very difficult to build without 4 Argothian Enchantresses

D

Duel

Actually, Soul sculptor should be faith healer. Soul sculptor makes a creature an enchantment.

I prefer g/b enchantress

4 Argothian enchantress
4 Verduran enchantress
3 Greater good
3 Cadaverous bloom
3 Mirri's guile
4 Drain Life
3 Endless wurms
3 Thran foundry
4 Wild growth
3 Broken Fall
4 Vampiric tutor
13 Forests
9 Swamps

Proving once again that cadaverous bloom is broken....

Z

Zadok001

(Kudos for having Greater Good in there, Duel! :) You're catching on!)

U/G, you say? Mikeymike had it right. Sure, we've seen that before. Shortly after Saga was released, people started playing with the idea, and it actually worked. I will warn you, those versions were hardly 'true' Enchantress... Here ya' go (off the top of my head):

4 Argothian Enchantress
4 Veduran Enchantress
3 Stroke of Genius
4 Frantic Search
4 Earthcraft
4 Wild Growth
4 Horseshoe Crab
4 Attunement (the main reason to play U/G Enchantress!) 31
4 Fertile Ground
1 Worldly Tutor
4 Serra Sanctum (Legendary Land from Saga, W for each enchantment you control? Name?)

Needless to say, this version goes infinite. :) Play Enchantress, pump a land, drop a Crab and a 'Craft, WIN. Frantic Search has some wonderful synergy with a lot of the other cards in the deck, likewise the 'Craft and Sanctums. Attunement is the lynch-pin, the search card that never goes away, and is MASSIVE card advantage with an Enchantress or two. With one Enchantress, it's impressive (draw 4, discard 4, keep Attunement), with 2, it's broken. This deck was quite strong for a while, but eventually fell apart under pressure from burn for the Enchantresses, Counter decks, and the absolutely deadly matchup of Land Destruction (GOD FORBID!). So we haven't seen it for a while. But it's still quite good.

D

Duel

Oh, BS. That's not enchantress! That's Crabcraft! I remember that deck, except I thought it had red, because you decided that fireball was better.

Attunement and enchantress. Damn, that's synergy. I wish I'd thought of that, that can dig through your library realy quick.

M

Mikeymike

Zadok, that deck is ugly with a capital ugh. Duel, you ever have to play against this bruiser of a deck?

How quickly could this thing win? I played a similar version (although not as good) and Diabolic Edict and Rain of Tears crushed it like you said. I'm glad I had Phyrexian Negator in there though, probably saved me. That version ran an uneccessary Vernal Equinox, but I applauded the idea.

Also, I wonder what Masques Block/Invasion cards could improve it.

Duel, your B/G deck inspired me, I think I'm going to dismantle my current version (R/G/W) and go with big monstrosities, and yes it will include Greater Good. Zadok, you're looking at (well actually looking at the name of) another big GG fan, I have use it in about 5 different decks and Its the card that taught me how broken card drawing can be when I 1st started to play 18 months ago.

D

Duel

Yes, I played against that deck, it's the reason our group banned earthcraft.

D

Duel

On the upside, it DID provide the motivation for my hermetic crab deck....... Too bad that deck was actually only winnig due to opposition-crab.