"En Force"

T

The Magician

I call this one "En Force"

I play against 2-5 players (attack-left) with the top card anted. Nothing is banned or restricted and deck size is 60+.

3x Giant Trap Door Spider
2x Fiery Justice
1x Vitalizing Cascade
3x Charging Troll
2x Hymn of Rebirth
1x Artifact Mutation
2x Rock Basilisk
3x Zebra Unicorn
3x Voracious Cobra
1x Ranger en-Vec
2x Noble Panther
4x Centaur Archer
2x Rith's Charm
1x Rith, the Awakener
2x AEther Rift
3x Kjeldoran Frostbeast
1x Palladia-Mors
1x Gerrard's Command
1x Frenzied Tilling
1x Jungle Troll
1x Simoon
1x Horned Kavu
1x Eladamri's Call
3x Hull Breach
1x Victual Sliver
1x Stangg
1x Johan
1x Natural Emergence
1x Nature's Blessing
3x Horned Sliver
1x An-Havva Inn
1x Mirrorwood Treefolk
3x Wax/Wane
4x Talon Sliver
1x Surprise Deployment
2x Giant Strength
9x Plain
10x Forest
10x Mountain
4x Slippery Karst
3x Tinder Farm
2x Grasslands
2x Elfhame Palace
1x Shivan Oasis
1x Havenwood Battleground

All comments are appreciated.

R

rkoelsch

You should have muscle slivers. Also do you have any Taiga's or Savannahs the grasslands would fetch them also. Interesting format.

T

The Magician

Rkoelsch -- I threw the slivers in for "meat". If the Victual comes up, then they're life. I use Muscle Slivers elsewhere where their abilities are more neccessary. None of the classic dual lands are available for this deck (I see how the Grasslands work with them though -- perhaps I'll make some land adjustments with another deck).

Maraud -- the format I play makes this kind of "monster" deck possible. The variety is of my own choosing (the deck seems to play out differently every time I play it -- I like that in a deck).

Thanx 4 the input, guys!

C

Captain Caveman

You might try a few Cockatrice, that would fit the "destroy creature" sub-theme.

I don't really like Aether Rift but that just a personal thing. You could use that 4cc Artifact that puts a creature
into play.(can't remember the name.) My brother uses it a lot and it work pretty good for him. There's nothing like
a suprise blocker (ala. Suprise Deployment)

Just a few comment from a bad deck builder.........

I

Istanbul

...I don't think I'd put dual lands into a deck I was using to play for ante.

Stone Kavu would be a beast in this deck.
A couple of Thornscape Apprentices might help, too.
I'd also take out Surprise Deployment...a LOT of your creatures don't fit the 'non-white' requirement.

T

The Magician

Istanbul --

I agree with your assessment of the Stone Kavu and Thornscape Apprentice. I'll throw what I have of them in there, but I'll keep Surprise Deployment as well (the Spider, Basilisk, and Cobra are the surprises I'd sit on if I got it out).