Elder Scrolls III, Anyone?

S

Svenmonkey

Has anyone played The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind? I own it, and I must say, it's very entertaining.

N

nodnarb24

I have it, but haven't played it to much due to slow down (curse those hefty system requirements). From what I have played though, it's pretty good. I'll start playing it again once my new ram arrives.

A

Almindhra

Oh yes, I have Morrowind for the PC...And I LOVE it!...I'm a lvl 15 Nightblade...And I kick so much a**...heheh...

If you want to go to a great message board try Morrowind Chronicles...People can help you with quests and stuff...

Oh, and I'm the Grandmaster of the Morag Tong...Booya!...

S

Svenmonkey

Bah! My level 51 Wood Elf is master of the Thieves Guild, really high up in the Mages Guild, and killed the entire Morag Tong because they're Daedra-worshippers!

M

MrXarvox

I forget what levels my characters are at... but Palyverulos the 50-something Breton enchanter is head of both the Vvardenfell chapter of the Imperial Legion and the Mages Guild.
Arch-Mage Knight of the Imperial Dragon, that's him.

Then there's Aago, 40-something I think, a Khajiit archer with great enchanting capabilities as well.

Then there's Zaimaijikano Y'Zhyano, a level 72 Breton sorceress who's at the head of the Mages Guild and has all ten of her major/minor skills at level 100, as well as alchemy which she didn't start out with.

...erhem.

Booya.

A

Almindhra

Ok, so your characters are really higher than mine...

BUT!...I haven't been able to play the game that much because my computer is over at my bf's house...*cries*...

And he isn't helping me get it back at my house because his comp can't handle Morrowind...

WAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!.........

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
From today's Gamespy newsletter:

Morrowind Patch - Prophet
Bethesda Softworks has released a North American update for Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind, their ultra cool role-playing game for the PC. As indicated this is for the North American Retail version of the game and offers the following new additions, fixes, tweaks, bells & whistles:
  • An auto run feature has been added. You can now continue to run forward when you press the Q key on your keyboard once. This will cause you to run forward until you press the autorun key a second time or the back or forward movement keys.
  • A Health Bar for NPCs and creatures has been added for when you are in combat. An orange health bar for the creature or NPC you are currently in combat with will now appear above your own health bar on the lower left part of the screen. This health bar will only appear when you are attacking a creature or NPC and will slowly fade out if you stop attacking. It will also update to a different creature or NPC's health if you switch targets in the middle of combat.
  • Added Difficulty slider to Preference menu under Options. The Difficulty slider has 200 different settings that will either increase the amount of damage you deal and receive or reduce the amount of damage you deal or receive, depending on where you set the slider.
  • The user can now load multiple plug-ins without losing references when both plug-ins affect the same cell. This means that if you have 2 or more plug-ins that add or remove references from, for example, Fort Moonmoth, you will be able to keep all of the additions or removals from all the loaded plug-ins.
Bethesda also mentioned that some new and exciting plugins are "coming soon", so keep your eyes glued to www.elderscrolls.com. the nest plugin will allow users to export 3D Studio Max models for use in Morrowind mods, projects, etc.

N

nodnarb24

Got my new ram yesterday, so I'm going to try to get some hardcore Morrowind in tonight. Maybe now it won't stop to load every 5 seconds...

S

Svenmonkey

It runs fine on my 1.6 GHz Pentium 4 with 256 RAM and a GeForce2 MX400. And there aren't any random CTDs now with the patch.