EDH: Vorash, the Hunter

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
So, I've been playing with EDH at home for a little while now. I initially built a WUB deck around Merieke ri Berit (which later become a Sen Triplets), but got bored with it after a while. I definitely want to stay in UB, so I thought about adding Green for some mana acceleration (Explosive Vegetation, BoP, Kodama's Reach, etc.). Unfortunately, my only options for a general in UBG are Vorash, the Hunter or any 5cc legend (which I don't want to do). So, Vorash it is. He is actually fairly decent in EDH (though not great) as he can deal the 21 points of lethal general damage in just a few swings.

Long story short: I want to tweak my deck as much as possible as I'm heading back down to Tampa for Christmas... and Tampa is home to the most active EDH community in the country (and probably world). I'm hoping there will be an EDH tourney down there and I'd like to compete in it if I could.

Okay, I don't have a decklist because I'm not near the deck now. But here's what I can tell you:

I have all of the shocklands, Ravinca Karoo-lands, and painlands, but no original duals.
I have the two enemy fetchlands I need, but no Polluted Delta (running Bad River in its place for now)
I have Damnation, Pernicious Deed, Forced March and Evacuation as my mass removal.
My counters include Counterspell, Force of Will, Remand, Dissipate, Hinder, Spelljack and one or two more, I think.
My draw cards include Fact or Fiction, Intuition, Stroke of Genius, Arcanis, Rhystic Study, Shadowmage Infiltrator and Aeon Chronicler.

Other interesting cards of note: Rampaging Baloths, Seedborn Muse, Dralnu, Teferi.

SO, without knowledge of what else may or may not be in my deck or at my disposal, are there any suggestions as to what I could put in?

Ransac, cpa trash man

T

train

larry nevin's disk...
tainted lands from the Torment set...
urborg, tomb of yawgmoth...
oath of scholars...
protean hulk...
shallow grave... (with isochron scepter would be cool...)
so... isochron scepter...
phantom centaur
brawn..
dream halls...
shadowmage infiltrator...
abyssal gatekeeper...
mindslicer...
wall of souls...
floodgate...
cunning wish...
kamahl fist of krosa...
mire boa...
river boa...
krosan tusker
dosan the falling leaf...
bitter ordeal...
brain freeze...
haunting echoes...
mind's desire
reaping graves
sprouting vines
oath of ghouls
tendrils of agony...
oath of druids
oath of ghouls
verdant force
squirrel nest
treetop village
mishra's factory...
hermit druid
yawgmoth's bargain
mystic, vampiric and worldly tutors...
barishi
gaea's blessing
eternal witness
genesis
regrowth

Shabbaman

insert avatar here
Awesome. First question: how good do you want your deck to be? Second question: do you want a theme?

Clarifications... There are a lot of combo's and locks that won't make you friends. How good do you want your deck to be? Is recurring mindslaver every turn your idea of fun? I think limiting yourself to a theme is inherently limiting the power level of your deck. For me, the fun of EDH is to built around your general.

You seem to have chosen to kill your opponents with damage from your general. So, built the deck to support this:

-protect the general (counterspells, misdirection, untargetability (rocket shoes!)
-enhance the general (give 'm haste, unblockability)
-work with his theme (more counters: doubling season, spikes, gilder bairn)

Structure your deck based on what the cards do. You've done this already with the split in sweepers, counters and so on. Then decide on what part of your deck you want to use for it. Running 6.7 sweepers equals running 4 of them in a 60 card deck. You could use some pretty standard ratio's to build the deck you want (20/20/20 sligh deck = 33/33/33, for instance).

That's the introduction. Now, back to your question. You're splashing green, but it doesn't seem you're really happy with it. You're splashing it because you want to accelerate. This could point to that your current deck is too slow, or that you're just running too few lands. I don't see why a UB deck wouldn't be viable, perhaps you should just tune the CMC of the cards in your deck.