Ebola and you

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Mooseman, Oct 13, 2014.

1. Mooseman Isengar Tussle

Since the CPA Members come from a wide range of cities and countries (mostly the US),:
    What has been the local reaction to the Ebola virus and the CDC protocols?
    There were no changes that I saw to the arriving flights in Pittsburgh or Memphis, but that was the end of last night and those were domestic flights, but I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary.
    My kid works a a local hospital and they haven't instituted any changes, but it is a psychiatric hospital.
    But it is right in the medical hospital complex and the research facilities of the university and the medical center.
  2. turgy22 Nothing Special

It comes up in conversation at work now and then.
  3. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

I don't have any direct dealings with anyone in hospitals or in the nursing/doctor field, but haven't really read anything either about the preparedness of local hospitals or airports.
  4. Terentius The Instigator

I'm just north of Dallas, which I believe was the site of the first incident in the US. Some people are freaking out, but I see no reason to.
  5. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Been reading some more today, it's not encouraging when a nurses' group says they haven't been adequately prepared or informed about Ebola for their respective hospitals...