eBay

F

Fire Slinger

I recently joined eBay and I haven't regretted it since.

eBay is a great place to find rare cards really cheap. Some of my recent purchases include:

2 mint Rhystic Tutors for $3.00
1 mint Revised BoP for $4.25
1 mint Morphling signed by rk Post for $11.50
2 mint Powder Kegs for $5.00
2 mint Treachery for $7.00

I think these were some great deals. If you want to join, I also recommend getting paypal. Paypal is a service the when you make an order, will automatically charge that order to your credit card or bank account.

So go ahead and join. Right now I have the high bid on a 6th ed. Hammer, only $1.00. That's cool.

A

Almindhra

What about getting your cards in the mail?...Are you really trust worthy of those people?...I know my dad had some problems with a DVD player he ordered...

F

Fire Slinger

Well, all the cards that I have ordered have come within 3 days. You can also check the references of the people that are selling the cards.

A

Apollo

You can check the feedback of the person you are buying from, and you don't have to bid unless they have enough feedback that you are comfortable. I have been ripped off once in probably 20 transactions, and that was because I was too dumb to check the feedback or even save the email of the guy I was buying from. It turned out he had terrible feedback anyhow, and when I didn't get my cards I couldn't even harass him. All in all, though, as long as you're careful it's a great place to get cards at good prices.

R

rkoelsch

I would watch shipping charges. I have seen some people charge $2.00 for S&H. I can buy a stamped envelope for 0.35
and 10 Hard cases for 1.00. How due you come up with 2.00 S&H? It is the same as face to face marketing, let the buyer beware. But overall it is a good format.

G

galtwish

I've bought a lot of cards off of eBay in the past two years, and I haven't had the best of luck. A lot of orders have been getting "lost" in the mail. It is really tough to get people to send cards again when they "don't get them back" due to return to sender. I have only been burned a couple of times, but it is very frustrating to wait for two months to get cards. Some of these problems have come from people with feedbacks in the 1000's, so beware.
There ae serious issues with the USPS right now, so the dealer claims may be valid, but they may also be using this as an excuse. As a seller, I have shipped over 50 items without a hitch.
This is not to scare anyone off of ebay; just remember that it is nearly pure capitalism. Buyer Beware.

Erik

V

Volradon

i was just wondering has anyone ordered some of those repacks that they sell? I just wana know if u can actually get some decent stuff in there.

F

Fire Slinger

I really don't know what those repacks are so I haven't bought any.

galtwish: So far I haven't had any problems with any of the sellers. (cross my fingers)

rkoelsch: All the sellers that I have worked with have only charged me $1.00 S/H. And most of the sellers have been Card shop owners.

S

smurfturd

I buy cards all the time off ebay, havent been burned yet.
I allways ask for ups shipping and i ask for the tracking # so i know where my stuffs at.

F

Fire Slinger

All my stuff has been sent though the mail.(USPS) Nobody's ever offer to send it through UPS or FedEx.

A

Apollo

A repack is where someone takes 495 crummy rares and one Mox Jet, one dual land, one Cursed Scroll, one Tradewind Rider, and one Negator. He then mixes 10 commons in with each rare. He then sells the 10 common, 1 crummy rare pack for 3.00 each online. He posts some title like "Mox Jet, Taiga, and more!" People buy these and are incredibly disappointed when they get the Pale Moon.

No, you can't actually get anything good. It's slightly more likely than playing the lotto, in my opinion, with worse prizes.

Apollo