Ebay and MTGO leagues

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
A thread in Decks caused this question to pop up in my mind: Are leagues in MTGO set up so you can't add cards through outside sources?

R

rkoelsch

what do you mean by outside sources? You start out with a tourney pack and one of each other block expansion(or 5 packs of 7th). Then each week you get to add a booster. Now your title has ebay in it. as long as you have possession of the digital booster packs you can get them from other players or the magic online store. but you cannot add other cards from your collection to it.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Just someone mentioned in your thread in Decks about how some cards are available on eBay, so I was wondering if one could buy them there and add them to your league deck. But I guess if you can't add from your collection, you can't add from eBay (since they'd be going to your collection, I assume).

I

Istanbul

If you could add cards from outside those packs, it would just be Constructed.
League is a Limited format in which users start with a certain amount of product (a tournament pack and two boosters, or five boosters in the case of 7E), and are allowed to add one booster each week. For example, in the OD/TOR/JUD league, you start out with a tournament pack of OD and a booster of TOR and JUD. On the second week, you can buy a booster of OD. On the third week, you can buy a booster of TOR. And on the fourth (and final) week, you can buy a booster of JUD. It's otherwise a LOT like Sealed.

So there. :)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I guess what I was asking was "how hard is it to cheat by adding extra cards" which leads to the bigger question "has anyone tried to hack MTGO and add cards". Judging by the lack of news on this topic, I guess MTGO's been pretty good about this...

R

rkoelsch

there are the unknown people trying to sell hacks but I haven't heard of any confirmed. I am not sure Wizards would admit it though.

B

BigBlue

Since there are actual prizes involved, you can be certain lots of people are trying to hack it, presumably one will succeed.

I mean, if people hack Diablo, where no actual prizes are involved, why wouldn't they attempt MtGO, where a hack can lead to money.