Duplicity

J

Jigglypuff

Duplicity
{3}{U}{U}
Enchantment
When Duplicity comes into play, remove from the game face down the top five cards of your library.
At the beginning of your upkeep, you may exchange all the cards in your hand for the cards you removed from the game with Duplicity.
At the end of your turn, discard a card from your hand.
When Duplicity leaves play, put all cards removed from the game with Duplicity into their owners' graveyards.

I think that this card has some serious potential, but I can't think of any good ways to tap into it. I was thinking about using a lot of permanent card drawers to increase the number of cards that I can use, but other than that, I can't think of anything. What about you guys and gals out there? Can you help a cute Pokemon out?

(- Steve -)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, the problem I see with this is that you're really only gaining access to the next five cards your next upkeep. After that, aside from drawing a card regularly, you're really just switching between your old hand and the new one.

I would say you need something to perhaps bounce Duplicity so that when you're tired of the cards, you can re-cast it and "get access" to five new ones in a single turn. I think you need some way of reusing it.

M

Mikeymike

Gush would work quite well, along with Compulsion. Gush nets you 3 cards, Compulsion allows you to filter out the real crap so you ensure quantity and quality.

Of course Madness will work too. What won't madness work with?