"Duel" articles

R

rakso

http://www.starcitygames.com/php/news/expandnews.php?Article=2967

I hope some of you have read my latest article series, where I list sample games turn by turn and give commentary. I explain to beginners what's going on, and where the crucial plays are.

To spice it up, I have "duel" backgrounds, where some kind of action like a gunslinging duel or a basketball one-on-one are also being described.

Basically... how are people finding these?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Although I don't play Type 1, I find them interesting and they would definitely be a good research info if I needed to look them back up in the future. Keep doing them.

E

Elrond

I play type 1, just not compettively, and I find them interesting and as Spidey said they would definitely be good research in the future and keep up the good work.

B

Benja83

new player I am, interesting it is
good talking I am not

good work keep up

A

Apollo

First off, hiya Benja. Glad to have you.

Secondly, I like the article. The duel background is a cool idea (but I wanna see a lightsaber duel:)).

R

rakso

Apollo: You read my mind. The next article is being prepared, and that was exactly it. :p

Feel free to email me your real name and location so I can credit you with guessing right.

T

theorgg

I do like the style, but I didn't get what game it was you were referencing... Is it a Phillipeno game, or somthing like that?

If it was somthing that I could have pictured, I'm sure it would have been much better to me...

D

Duel

My god, man! Don't scare me like that!

As to the gunslinging..... well... it was good. The basketball one wasn't so hot though. Basically, some matchups resemble a gunfight, some resemble chess, the key is choosing an accurate metaphor....

R

rakso

Hmmm... good point.

I realized a bit early I can't take the "metaphors" too seriously, though. One thing is that it'll give me a headache if I try to decide which is chess and which is Quake III Arena, especially since they'll look different to different people. Another thing is... well, this is mostly to entertain the younger readers, and I don't think a chess voice-over breaks the monotony of an Apprentice log. :)

Seriously, though, you have any ideas on which should be which? (I am running out, see...)