Dreamcast discontinued

How do you feel about Sega's decision?

• Happy because I hate the dreamcast.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sad and angry because I love my little dreamcast.

• I happy because other consules will have the blessing of Sega's genius.

• I'm a cold heartless bastard and don't care!

• Total voters
N

nodnarb24

I bet most of you have heard that Sega has stopped manufacturing the Dreamcast and going software only. I personally love my dreamcast, it has several good and inovative games. luckily Sega is planning on releasing at least 30 new games this year and many more if there is still interest. This is going to be a very good blessing for nintendo(the gameboy advance, no news on the gamecube yet) and microsoft because sega is planning on creating games for their systems.
Also Sega will sell their technology to UK-based digital TV technology provider Pace Micro Technology and it will be integrated into set-top boxes. The device will support Sega's growing library of Dreamcast games. Additionally, the set-top device will include a 40GB hard drive that can be used to download games and have access to them on a pay-per-play basis or for a fixed period of time.
I just hope that many of the developers for the dreamcast, such as capcom and AM2(creators of Shenmue), will continue on to the X-Box if they leave the Dreamcast. I don't want them going to the PS2 or the Gamecube because X-Box stands chance of being the best next-gen consule since it was actually designed with the needs of the gamer.

So what is your opinion on the Sega issue?

----begin shameless promotion for my site----
Please visit my site here. It is really boring right now because I need more member. Come on and visit, I only have 14 member and don't forget to tell your friends about it.
----end shameless promotion for my site----

D

Daggertooth

Personaly I've always loved my playstation. Sony makes the Best roleplaying games. And on top of that, they know how to make a new console. None of this "new cartrige" BS that makes all your old games obsolete.

I still have a good ol reliable Nintendo. Still works too. It had some great games, but every time Nintendo upgraded they made the old games obsolete. I'm through dealing with Nintendo. That X whatever does sound interesting.

Daggertooth

G

Gerode

In my biased anti-Micro$oft opinion, I don't have high expectations for the X-Box. The quality of some of their other programs may be an indicator.

Aren't ALL consoles designed with the needs of the gamer? It's not like any of them do much else.

Of course, I don't really know much about the situation and probably should keep my mouth shut.

N

nodnarb24

Originally posted by Gerode
Aren't ALL consoles designed with the needs of the gamer?
Yes, but not as much as Microsoft did. They have done a LOT of research along side of gamers. Actual gamers pretty much designed the entire X-Box.

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

... then I'd be more inclined to like it than I would be to like Nintendo 64, whose cheapest games retail for 40 dollars! They certainly have the needs of the gamer in mind!

However, I wouldn't mind if Sega made games for other systems at all. I'm just curious why they would rather support Nintendo than Sony in terms of the GameBoy Advance.

Capcom was already planning to make games for the PS2. I'm sorry to burst any bubble. It just didn't want to make them for PS1 anymore, I suppose...

I don't know about AM2 though... although their games would probably be received well on any system.

N

nodnarb24

Originally posted by Thallid Ice Cream Man
I'm just curious why they would rather support Nintendo than Sony in terms of the GameBoy Advance.
It's very early right now. They will probably develop for sony as well down the line. But right now the Nintendo products and the X-Box are a lot easier to develop for then the PS2. That's why many developers are moving from the PS2 to the X-Box.