Dragon Potpourri aka The Firemind's Champions

T

The Firemind

12 Mountain
4 Volcanic Island (Gives the deck an Izzet feel. See user name)
4 Great Furnace
4 Black Lotus
4 Mox Ruby
4 Sol Ring
4 Gauntlet of Might
4 Seething Song
4 Earthquake (Fireball?)
2 Dragon Whelp (Fledgling Dragon?)
2 Covetous Dragon
2 Shivan Dragon
2 Two-Headed Dragon
2 Dragon Mage
2 Kilnmouth Dragon
2 Ryusei, the Falling Star
2 Rorix Bladewing
Right. This is my old dragon deck with newer ratios. How do they look now? Were the older ones better? The Dragon Mages were great draw, so should I remove the burn spells for a search spells? Help?

J

jorael

4 Black Lotus
4 Mox Ruby
4 Sol Ring

?!

4 of those restricted power cards? Any advice I'd give would start with that. Your playgroup may be ok with it, but that creates a play environment of broken power. And I have no play experience in such an environment...

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I'd keep some of the manabase and change the rest of the deck to something like this...

4x Mox Pearl
4x Mox Sapphire
4x Mox Jet
4x Mox Ruby
4x Mox Emerald
4x Mana Crypt
4x Black Lotus
4x Mind's Desire
4x Yawgmoth's Bargain
4x Ancestral Recall
4x Timetwister
4x Windfall
4x Wheel of Fortune
4x Demonic Tutor
2x Tendrils of Agony
2x Tolarian Academy

turgy22

Nothing Special
Oversoul said:
I'd keep some of the manabase and change the rest of the deck to something like this...

4x Mox Pearl
4x Mox Sapphire
4x Mox Jet
4x Mox Ruby
4x Mox Emerald
4x Mana Crypt
4x Black Lotus
4x Mind's Desire
4x Yawgmoth's Bargain
4x Ancestral Recall
4x Timetwister
4x Windfall
4x Wheel of Fortune
4x Demonic Tutor
2x Tendrils of Agony
2x Tolarian Academy
A five-color deck with only two lands? That'll never work. Don't you know anything about Magic?

As far as the Firemind's question, I don't really remember the original deck. With a mana base like that, you could, really, put any dragons you want into the deck and it'll take off wonderfully. Here's my thoughts:
No Dragon Whelps - You should be able to accelerate past four mana pretty quickly. They don't really make the deck better.
4 Covetous Dragons - As long as you have the artifacts to support them, why not?
4 Shivans - They're good, solid dragons.
No 2-Headed Dragons - I like Shivans better. They're bigger and more versatile and are already evasive.
2 Dragon Mage - No disagreement here.
2 Kilnmouth - Same here. I like this guy.
No Ryusei - Unless you're having trouble with ground creatures out-racing you. But I don't think that's happening.
2 Rorix - Good
2 Dragon Tyrant - I know, it's hella-expensive, but considering how explosive your mana base is, why not get more for all the extra red mana you're going to have lying around. 6/6 flying, double-striking tramplers are a lot of fun.