Doubling Season

N

Nightstalkers

Oh hell, Doubling Season is a must have for fun with a fungus deck, great with the tokens, and it makes squirrel games a rawr.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I've merged your Doubling Season thread with the one already present in Single Card Strategies. There's some good ideas in it already :)

D

DarthFerret

Doubling Season has got to be up there in the top ten cards most used for an infinite anything combo. If you ask me, it is way broken (although I still love using it!). If you are using the doubling season for a token critter deck, then another must have is parallel evolutions. And now I will let your heads commence to swimming...

Tag Guard

N

Nightstalkers

Endering Renewal is just hillarious... if you work it right you'll get yourself a nice little combo out there before your opponent realizes it.

G

Golgari Thallid

Lemme tell you young'uns a story about Doubling Season and Saprolings.....

It was a normal lunch battle when suddenly my opponent summoned a Krosan Cloudscraper. Keep in mind, I already had Doubling Season out, and my Thallids were sporing like crazy. My opponent then proceeded to equip a Loxodon Warhammer to Krosan, making it one lean, mean, player killing machine. However, I still had my Saprolings.

When it came to be my turn, my Thallids all got double spore counters (I had a Sporesower out) from both Sporesower and their own effect. I quickly destroyed Loxodon with a Krosan Grip, and proceeded to make 50 saprolings. (15 counters taken from each of 5 thallidsx2 equals 50) He then proceeded to forfeit. When asked why, he said "It's the freakin' ultimate weenie swarm, what am I supposed to do? (Did I mention I had a Thelonite Hermit out as well?)

Back on topic: Doubling Season + Paradox Haze + Darksteel Reactor = 5 turn win.