Doubling Season idea

G

Gizmo

You might like this - it's just the germ of an idea at the moment.

Doubling Season + Spikes

Every time you remove a counter from a Spike you get to put TWO counters on another Spike. Your Spikes are now endlessly pumpable, and that makes stuff like Spike Feeder, Weaver, and Breeder particularly attractive. The limit is your mana production and you might choose to add Heartstones to the mix, or a Spike Breeder/Earthcraft combination for the kill.

M

Mikeymike

Power Conduit would work well in here as well, since every time you move a counter with the conduit, the counter doubles.

Forgotten Ancient, would just be nuts.

Doubling Season is just a super cool card with so many different kinds of applications.

L

Limited

Together with Fangren Firstborn?

I was thinking about Doubling Season + Lightning Coils..

G

Gizmo

Ive been thinking about Doubling Season all afternoon - it's so much fun I think I'm going to go out and get me the last couple I need to build decks around. You're right that the applications are almost endless, as it changes the synergy on hundreds of cool cards.

How does work with 2 Seasons?

Say I put 1 token in, do I get 3 (1 comes in, two seasons trigger to double it, making 3) or do I get 4 (1 comes in, one doubles it to 2, the other doubles those 2 to 4)?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Here you go:

Oct 1, 2005 - If there are two Doubling Seasons in play, then the number of tokens or counters is four times the original number. If there are three in play, then the number of tokens or counters is eight times the original number.

D

DarthFerret

OMG If I played with that in My Squirrell deck that sports 4 Parallel Evolutions....that would be really nasty! Especially when playing with Saprolings in the deck as well....hmm...i think i need to get a few of those!

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
What I want to do is Replenish 4 each of Pandemonium, Saproling Burst, Doubling Season, and Furnace of Rath into play, then hit one opponent with everything. :)

L

Limited

Doubling Season + Opalescence + Followed Footsteps..

A nice combo for a Enduring Ideal deck..

(First, you only get two extra Doubling Seasons.. Then, you get eight.. then another 2^11.. 2^14.. etc)

S

sageridder

Wouldn't Spike Hatcher be the spike of choice here? Not that much mana for green, with just 1 season out it's a 12/12 for 7 that can regenerate, add rancor for I win more.

M

Mikeymike

Might be taking if off to a tangent, or building a 120 card deck but....

AEther Vial + Erratic Portal = You can bounce and replay at instant speed, all the while fully abusing everything's counter generation. Vial is a "may" addition, so you can lock it at the desired number.

D

DarthFerret

Sage, on your 12/12 spike that regenerates, forget rancor, how about beserk?

Killer Joe

4 Doubling Seasons
4 Spike Feeder
4 Spike Weaver
4 Spidersilk Armor
4 Erratic Portal

or basically my old "Erratic Spikes" deck with Doubling Season ;)