Don't you need lands in your deck?

S

Seeker of Truth

Yep, you certainly do. Not much you can do without lands. In fact, when was the last time you saw a deck run without lands?

With that in mind...

Presenting the all-new, never-before-tested, Ultimate Kill-all-lands deck!

Green:
4x Llanowar Elves
4x Animate Land
4x Harvest Mage
4x Priest of Titania
2x Jolrael, Empress of Beasts
2x Vitalizing Wind

Black:
4x Duress
4x Dark Ritual
4x Vampiric Tutor
4x Eradicate (!)

Land:
3x Gaea's Cradle
4x Peat Bog
10xForest
7x Swamp

Sideboard: TBA

So, I'm sure you can figure out what to do here. Using a variation of the green mana engine, crank out enough mana to play an Animate Land or activate Jolrael's ability targeting your opponent's lands, then Eradicate! Your opponent is then forced to say goodbye to all of their lands of the same name (only the one you target with Eradicate has to be a creature, which is why Animate Land works), and these lands are removed from the game, so they can't ever be gotten back.

Vitalizing Wind is there to provide straight beatdown if the required cards don't show up (possible) or you need some big emergency blocking (unlikely). I put the Harvest Mages in to ensure that I would have the right color of mana to play Eradicate, but perhaps they're not necessary. I threw some Duresses in there basically because I couldn't think of anything else to play in this deck. After all, once your opponent's lands have been Eradicated, they can't do anything.

Since so many people are playing mono-colored decks, I thought that this strategy could really wreck people. I would consider it to be a higher-risk, higher-reward version of traditional red LD. In any case, I think it would be fun to play, although if there are any suggestions to making this deck more reliable...

Weaknesses are against counter-based decks (although the beatdown path remains open), decks relying on more than two colors of mana (although my mana engine should be able to overrun a tri-color deck), and probably ultra-fast beatdown (again, the mana engine may be a compensating factor).

I see that there are quite a few Conspiracy decks in the works nowadays, but you know, that's so last month. :p

G

galtwish

Here's a little more efficient and stable version:

4 Birds of Paradise
4 Llanowar Elves
4 Dark Ritual
4 Fallow Earth
4 Eradicate
4 Animate Land
4 Vampric Tutor
3 Masticore
4 Powder Keg
2 Jorael, Empress of Beats
4 City of Brass
10 Swamp
9 Forest

SB
2 Perish
3 Massacre
2 Diabolical Servitude
4 Unmask
4 Duress

You can get the kill off 2nd turn with an Elf or Bird 1st turn then City or Swamp/Ritual/Animate/Eradicate. Kind of a lot of cards, but with Tutors and the redundancy of colored mana providers, you should be OK. Joreal + Keg or Masticore pick up the lands that got past you, and cruise to victory. Looks like fun!

Erik

A

Apollo

The ones that are already in play survive the Eradicate. Perhaps you already knew that, but in your post it sounded like you didn't. Sorry for taking up space if you already knew that.

D

Duel

So throw in massacre, or forced march for nothing. either way, get rid of what they already ahve.

S

Seeker of Truth

Apollo:

Oops, you're right. I forgot about that. So perhaps I need some standard green LD or more copies of Jolrael?

galtwish:

Do you think Fallow Earth is a more effective card than Plow Under, or perhaps it's because Fallow Earth has a lower casting cost? I see where that idea is going, and I think it's a pretty good one.

I also forgot about Powder Keg. I think Inquest had a combo with Jolrael and Powder Keg, so I should have thought of it, too.

Good ideas, people! This deck is starting to look promising already! :)

G

galtwish

You get Fallow Earth off 2nd turn if you don't have the combo to stall. Additionlly, it adds one more land to the Eradicate pile. Plow Under is better in general, but not for this deck.

Erik