Donate!?!?!

N

Nightstalkers

What other uses does a donate have???

Illusions of Grandeur?

what else???

J

Jigglypuff

Phage the Untouchable (see my deck in the Decks forum)
Ebonblade Reaper
Carnival of Souls
Celestial Dawn (combined with Jovial Evil)
Black Market

(- Steve -)

N

Nightstalkers

What can you donate off that will almost assure you a quick victory no matter what... like the illusions

and what set is the ebonblade reaper from?

J

Jigglypuff

Ebonblade Reaper is from Onslaught:

Ebonblade Reaper
{2}{B}
Creature -- Cleric
1/1
Whenever Ebonblade Reaper attacks, you lose half your life, rounded up.
Whenever Ebonblade Reaper deals combat damage to a player, that player loses half his or her life, rounded up.
Morph {3}{B}{B} (You may play this face down as a 2/2 creature for {3}. Turn it face up any time for its morph cost.)

And I can't think of anything besides Illusions that almost assures you a quick victory.

(- Steve -)

S

Shiro, Time Devourer

Jigglypuff's Phage idea is maximized with False Demise.

B

bryson430

There must be something you can do with Lich.

I was thinking:
Lich
Donate
(As a response: Healing Salve on yourself)
Disenchant the Lich.

Does that work?

And:

Nefarious Lich with a Tormod's Crypt

Or:
Just leave your opponent alone until you can donate:

Trancendance

W

WickedBoy6

Donate Grafted Skullcap. You control Chains of Mephistopheles plus some discard effects.

K

Killerbob

slower: lord of the pit, demonic hordes, derelor + sleight of mind, evil eye of orms-by-gore + walls
THOUGHT LASH

permanents with discard effect + discard hate.

W

WickedBoy6

OOOH! I have to go with KillerBob with that one...Donate a Thought Lash, especially if you're playing a Mill deck with, say, Traumatize & a few Dreamborn Muses. :D

N

Nightstalkers

Hmm... that is an interesting idea there wicked, and we like to see that...

Sorry there wicked. but as we were saying the thought of a quick kill from using things like a necropotence to lock down things for your opponent...

Will these idiots get out of our head!!!!

Better.

Now for the disscussion.

You need to see that blue can be powerful if you just use the cards correctly and with that power you will learn quickly.

dear_strongbad.exe

W

WickedBoy6

I know it's not an instant-kill, but as milling goes, it's a nice idea. You're not damaging them directly, so the ability is useless. Either you'll continuously eat at their deck, or they'll toss it altogether. I know blue can be powerful, as I am seeing with my current Mill deck, but it's also one of, if not THE slowest, color in Magic. I rather like playing creatures and spells every turn than just land, waiting for my opponent to react. I like to FORCE the reaction.

N

Nightstalkers

What about Blacks Speed? Shadow deck with lots of power generators could quite possibly take lead at any Type I tourney...

But green can build up a powerful creature hoard!

And Red has Blaze!!!

AND THE DRAGON COMES IN THE NIIIIIIGGGGGHHHHHTTTTT!!!!!!!

whoa, that was good.

(holds up lighter)

W

WickedBoy6

Exactly. I like to force the reaction, I like my opponent to be on the edge of his seat, wondering what I'm going to pull out of the deck next. Fast, aggressive, that's what I like. Blacks Speed, Green Weenie, red direct damage...Anything speedy & pushing the damage is what I like.

W

WickedBoy6

No, pie is good, just a bit unexpected...Too bad there's no pie cards in Magic. I mean, they have a "Death Cookie", but no Nevinyrral's Pie?