4 Cunning Wish
4 Fire/Ice
4 Wash Out
4 Concentrate
4 Earthquake
4 Impulse
4 Volcanic Island
20 basic lands

The deck works as you read in the thread that you were supposed to read before you read this thread. The Thought Lashes are the only card that could not be recovered by one of your Wishes, so you won't have to worry about losing a lot of your good stuff. I put in Concentrate and Impulse for some card-drawing power so you can accumulate your Wishes and Thought Lashes in your hand so you don't accidently remove them.

(- Steve -)

K

Killerbob

the deck looks ok. But I guess wash out depends on the metagame. And I dont think cunning wish is that useful (unless you have a sideboard -I usually dont).
About accidently loosing a thought lash: you are only loosing cards, when you already have a thought lash in play. So you cant loose the combo. But in some cases it might be nice to have one to donate, and one to keep you alive.

T

train

It would be funny to see someone play a false cure on the caster of this while it's still on the stack...

False Cure
Color= Black Type= Instant Cost= BB ON(R)
Text (ON): Until end of turn, whenever a player gains life, that player loses 2 life for each 1 life he or she gained.

R

Razormouse

all this donate talk has me wanting to post my silver bullet deck i played for last seasons extended.

4 donate
4 academy rectors
4 Force of Will
4 Counterspell
4 Wrath of God
3 masticore
2 symbiotic deployments
2 Morphling
2 seals of cleansing
1 energy field
1 illusions of Grandeur
1 Teferi's Moat
1 Hanaa Ship Navigator

4 tundra
9 plains
9 islands

It went something like that. It is very fun to rector-symbiotic deployment donate on like turn 4. I had like 2 of the lands to tap sac a creature gain a life in it. I forget name. That was in case they decided they wanted her to live. It worked well. Has an answer for most decks and not hard to get them out. It was actually a fun deck to play. Someone actually made me play the game out so i attacked him for 1 for 19 turns. with another rector. Didnt happen to draw a morphling or masticore in those 20 turns while he sat there. I attack for one 19 go. Go. I draw attack for 1 18 go. Go. I draw attack for 1 17 go. GO. and so on. For some reason he held on to the thought his one Wrath of God he had in his hand and 4 mana in play would be enough. I guess.

T

train

Thanks Spidey!...

And all I had to do was check one of my own decks...

See what I get for thinking...:rolleyes: :p ;)

R

Razormouse

a better idea is not to doubt me. I pretty good at stats on magic cards ESPECIALLY when I been playing the deck for about 4 months.

K

Killerbob

Crystalkeep rules!
But are there some way to search for artifact creatures? Maybe even artifact creatures of a specific creature type? I havent found it. I emailed some guy there, but I never got an answer.

btw -that False Cure thing is REALLY nasty!

T

train

Yeah... false cure will probably be really strong when played right... or against the right decks.

K

Killerbob

this is what doesnt work for me. Did you try it?
When searching for "Artifact" and "Gnome" I get 22 pages of matches = all artifacts.
When searching for "Creature" and "Gnome" I get 1 result -Quarum Trench Gnomes.

I dont think it is possible. Gnomes is in fact easy to find, but which artifact creatures are golems? Or something else?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, I just tried it and got the same results you did. So I don't know what else is out there, since Yavapai database closed (or at least the link I have doesn't work). Unless you get Apprentice or Magic Suitcase, I don't know what else you can use. Maybe you should ask in General and see if anyone else has some ideas.

K

Killerbob

I think Yavapai became a pay-server. But I´m not sure.

Actually I have Suitcase, but never really used it. My version only contain old series.

W

WickedBoy6

btw -that False Cure thing is REALLY nasty!
Yeah... false cure will probably be really strong when played right... or against the right decks.
I tried to play a False Cure deck, but it didn't pop off the way I wanted it to. I think I tried too much to make it Extended-legal. I might try with Type 1 in mind.

K

Killerbob

I think you will have a hard time doing this. In my opinion this is only a hatecard. It hates illusions, it hates tax-tax-ivory tower,and it hates some type 2 cards (I think there is some deck called "life" -they just had to print a hate card against it). But to build a deck around the concept of opponent getting lifes seams very difficult. Dont even try stream of life...
Respect to you, if you manage to make it just a little playable -it surely would be fun to kill opponent with gain life cards!:eek:

W

WickedBoy6

My biggest problem was the deck didn't pop out fast enough...and with my main goal is using only one card on the opponent, and only 4 copies in a 60-card deck, it was hard t oretrieve. Like I said, Type would be better, as this deck was Black/Green, so I could use the duallands plus the Tutors.

J

Jigglypuff

I think a big problem with a False Cure deck is that the False Cure is the wrong card type. Since it's an instant and only lasts for one turn, you have to accumulate the necessary cards in your hand and then win on the same turn that you cast the False Cure, which can be rather difficult to do.

(- Steve -)