Donate, Serra Avatar, Agonizing Demise with Kicker

L

Landkiller

Now, the only question is...how.

BTW, did anyone ever donate back the Illusions of Grandeur to the Trix player?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Usually the person was dead after the Illusions had been Donated... :) I don't know if it ever got Donated back (in a mirror match or whatever).

Alas, your combo has some restrictions on it. Donate just changes control, not ownership, so the Avatar is still going off of your life total. So hopefully you have a higher life total than your opponent when Agonizing Demise resolves.

But it's doable.

S

Sammy Dead-O

Doesn't the Avatar say "your life total?" If so, I think that refers to the controller, not the owner. I think Illusions also says "you." It should work.

G

Goku

Not to be a damper or anything, but even if it does work..
Isn't that still a bit much? I mean, it could be stopped anywhere along the line, and it also requires a lot of mana.

It just seems sort of... wasteful.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
You're right. "You" or "your" means controller.

I was trying to be too fancy... ;)

Goku: It's just one of those convoluted type combos; it's not supposed to be the most efficient :)

D

Dead

Why bother with the donate / agonizing demise(or cinder cloud or backlash are cheaper), when you could just fling it at them whilst it's under your control? Or in multiplayer, drop a COP: Red and Rupture the thing...

G

Gizmo

(flips through dictionary definition of 'single')
Ummm...
Do we need a new forum - "Multiple Card Strategies"?
Why can`t thins all go in Decks please, I`m having to click twice as often now!

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Although this really doesn't go in Decks either, more like General.

I'll try to be more "stringent" about keeping just single card discussions in here (I'll grandfather this one and keep it in, though ;))

D

Daggertooth

I think you should allow small 2 or 3 card combos in here. After all, not all single cards work well alone. you can't talk about Donate without thinking of delusions of grandure.

Lets see.... Red, black, white, and blue. That'll be one hard combo to pull off. Why not just spinal tap. Spinal tap your down to 3 colors with about same casting cost. I guess you could use Celestrial Dawn, then mana wouldn't be a problem.

Daggertooth

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
if the discussion originally started with "Here's Donate, what other uses can be found besides Delusions?" "How about Serra Avatar and Agonizing Demise", that probably would have been fine. But since we jumped immediately into the combo, it's not really "single card strategy", it's more like "combo strategy".

What I'm trying to say is, I can see both sides and am perched on the fence. :)