Does anyone know........

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Griffion2000, Nov 27, 2000.

1. Griffion2000 New Member

Does anyone know any good sites to play dungeons and dragons online??? :confused:
  2. Riva Iron-Grip da Kandy Man

you're kidding right? no one plays d&d online anymore. mainly cuz there is no way to make sure they aren't cheating.
  3. netgnome New Member

go to webrpg.com they have a program that allows online play and prevents cheating, last i checked there was an al-qua-dim campaign going
  4. krichaiushii New Member

Netgnome is right. Webrpg.com (sometimes webrpg.net works) is a GREAT site for RPGs, both online and offline.

Excellent forums, as well.

And I read somewhere (WotC newspage) about an online game similar to Everquest, but set in the Forgotten Realms being worked on for eventual release.
  5. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

I was reading in the most recent Computer Gaming World that there's an expected 2001 release called Neverending Nights (or something like that) that is very D&D-ish, if not it exactly.

And in the same issue WOTC has apparently scaled back its plans for a massive online D&D world.

if anyone's still interested I can dig up the news for the "true facts".
  6. Ed Sullivan CPA Founder, Web Guy

Neverwinter Nights. It's by Black Isle, the same people behind Fallout (I and II), Baldur's Gate (I and II), Icewind Dale, and Planescape: Torment. It's AD&D 3rd edition based. If any one has BGII, there's an awesome video for it. Also, try http://www.neverwinternights.com (I think that's it)
  7. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Or Interplay... or does it matter?

I was reading again last night about it to refresh my memory and the WOTC online D&D game will be apparently scaled back to match Neverwinter Nights...
  8. Ed Sullivan CPA Founder, Web Guy

(Black Isle/Bioware are subsidiaries of Interplay, IIRC)