Does anyone have time for ANOTHER game?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
As always, imitation is the best form of flattery, and I liked [n]MJ[/b]'s game of asking questions. However, dw beat me to setting up a new game so I don't know if people will want to play a THIRD game. However, what I had in mind was a friendly party game of Beyond Baldurdash.

For those who don't know how to play (and with my modifications), I'll post a word, date, name, movie, or acronym and a player (which will cycle). The players would send me:

word - definition
date - what happened
name - why is it "famous"
movie - plot
acronym - what it stands for

I will then post the answers and players will have to guess which is the right answer (obviously I will include the right answer).

You get points by (and this may change since I'm doing this by memory):

1 - for each time your answer is picked by another player
2 - if you pick the right answer
3 - if you're the player I picked above and NO ONE guesses the right answer

Depending on the number of players, this will last either once or twice around so each player has a chance to be in the "hot seat".

Again, I'll firm up the details but I need to gauge interest if people want to play now or wait until MJ or dw game ends.

I

Istanbul

Two games is my max. I'm already pre-empting having a life to play MJ's game. :)

A

Apollo

Sure, I'll play. When's it gonna start?

And I assume that we'll send you are choices from the possible answers, since otherwise you could just pick what all of the other's picked.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
...I'm still here. My server keeps going out and now I'm leaving but hopefully I'll get on tomorrow and I'll explain it better with an example for Duel and anyone else who may be confused.

P

Plaguelord

Count me in, I wasn't with CPA during the last game and I would like to try it out, however I won't be able to sign in after Friday (I'm at my uncle's house for the summer and don't have the internet at home)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Here's who we got so far:

Dark Horse
Duel
dw51688
(okay if I shorten this to dw?)
Cateran Overlord
Apollo
Erbrich
Plaguelord

The game will start on Monday, 8/28.

Question will be Mondays.

Your guesses need to be PMed to me by 6 AM, EST, Wednesdays and I will post them.

Your answer from the list needs to be PMed to me.

I will post the scores, correct answer, and next "question" on the next Monday.

The reason for this weird schedule is MY work schedule (the only time I can get on) plus to give people enough time to answer. If it seems to be going to slow we can speed it up.

Exception is Monday, 9/4, a holiday (I won't be at work) so the Monday stuff will get moved to Tuesday and answers will be due the 7 (I'll remind everyone next week).

Example of game: For this example there are 4 players, A, B, C, D. A is the "chosen" player of the week (henceforth called the "Dasher"). The word to be defined is Frabnoz.

Everyone PMs to me their guess on the definition.

I'll post the guesses:

1. a type of European beer (C's guess) (I won't post this for obvious reasons; this is just for the example)

2. a now extinct animal on the Easter Islands (A's guess)

3. a holiday in the Philippines (D's guess)

4. a dance to celebrate fertilism (right answer)

5. a party game (B's guess)

Everyone will PM to me their guess as to the right answer from the list. I get:

A guesses 1
B guesses 4
C guesses 5
D guesses 5

So according to the scoring:

A gets no points.
B gets 2 points for the right answer, plus 2 point because C and D guessed his answer.
C gets 1 point because A guessed his answer.
D gets no points.

A - 0
B - 4
C - 1
D - 0

And A (being the Dasher) will pick the next category (word, date, acronym, movie, person) and B will be the next Dasher.

Now, if no one had picked the right answer above, A would get an additional 3 points because he's the Dasher of the Week.

Addendum to rules/scoring: If you happen to give me the right answer in your "guess", you get 3 points and don't play the rest of the round. If more than 1 person gives me the right answer, they all get 3 points and we totally skip the question.

Hopefully this will work out.... :)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
... I know. This game is just for your playing pleasure :D

If in the future we continue more games I might give away those Duelist/TopDeck non-magic/Pokemon promo cards (gotta get rid of them somehow!)