Does 7th have a storyline???

• Thread starter Cateran Emperor
  • Start date
C

Cateran Emperor

If you haven't seen the cards yet, come back after seeing them tomorrow.

There seem to be an INSANE number of quotes from the following guys:

Black:
The Eastern Paladin
The Western Paladin

White:
The Northern Paladin
The Southern Paladin

Blue:
The Lord of Atlantis

Green:
The Elvish Champion

Red:
-

Did anyone else notice that all of them say "THE -", implying there's only one of them. What's even more interesting is that there are quotes on all the Paladins are descriptions given by one of the enemy Paladins.

Is there a storyline behind the base set? If so, it looks to be interesting.

On a side note, the Paladins are also in the art of a HUGE number of staple cards in the set (Western is on Duress, Northern is on Disenchant), and many of the non-staples as well. The Lord and the Champion aren't as common, but they are around.

Finally, if you want more proof, compare the art and text of the following cards:

Infernal Contract - Glorious Anthem

Describe them for everyone who hasn't seen them, and tell me what you think. I'm currently compiling a list of such correlations.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
So are you saying that there's new flavor text on the cards? That not only did WOTC redo the art, they redid the flavor text?

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

yeah, i bought the black pcd(store got seventh in early), and in about every freakin' card there is a picture of the western paladin
quote on greed:
an advisor once asked the western paladin how much gold would be enough. " I have no need of fools who can imagine enough," he said to the advisor's corpse

C

Cateran Emperor

Yep, all new flavor text too (all of its a lot better too) a few examples of prevalent Paladins:

W. Paladin
Duress
Corrupt
Greed

E. Paladin
Nocturnal Raid
Persecute
Ostracize

G

Goku

Does anyone think that a storyline for 7th would result in a novel? I mean, has there been any talk of a novel?