Do you recall...

R

Rando

Who here remembers the very first magic card(s) you ever had. Mine was a Scaled Wurm given away free with a magazine. I used it as a book mark for a while and then trew it away. It was not for a few more months that I went out and bought my own cards. A revised starter, Royal Assasan, Shivan Dragon and a Bayou were my rares, and a Sera Angel was in there too.

I'm just trying to start up a conversation. Since I went on hiatus there for a while, I noticed that I have not been as active.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
You ought to go back and read/search through the threads in CPA Voting. I think there's a very similiar thread called "First rare" or something like that where it digresses into first cards (or maybe there's a second thread like that).

Melkor

I believe it was entitled "My first time.." or something similar and it was started by Duke.

R

Rando

Well, I would delete this thread then, but each time I try, it claims that I am not logged in.

Just a bug with the new format I guess...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Nope, DUke raised this on Suggestions forum and Ed said it's a feature, not a bug. I guess deleting posts are just not allowed.

G

Gerode

I actually got an Ice Age Shatter months before my first rare card. One of my brother's friends gave it to me when I first lerned how to play with Portal cards.

A

Apollo

Yeah... a feature...

I liked being able to delete posts. If I posted something really dumb, I could always just axe it a few minutes later.

I did that enough times...

D

Darsh

Plus to someone who reads the post after you delete your post it makes half the poeple look like total idiots.:D

D

Duel

Yeah, I know that. It's even worse when an admin does it *cough*Zadok*cough*.

My first card was a healing salve. Then dark ritual, then alabaster potion, then drain life. I remember because those 4 card essentially comprised my first deck.

My first rare? I think royal assassin, but I traded him off.

T

theorgg

First Rare- Winter's Chill.

I traded it for fifty commons; my choice.
Two months later I thought I had gotten a bit ripped off.
About four or five months later I read it and realized I got an EXCELLENT deal. :)

Hell, the five hill giants, bolt and RV GG paid for it.

Hell, the revised Growths paid for it! :D

F

FoundationOfRancor

I got a tempest starter for my first cards...

I got Greven, Selenia, and essence bottle!

I was so excited!

D

Duel

Nice. I'v very luck based, when it comes to sets.
for instance, I have little no Dark because I opened a rag man, twice, on my first packs. on the other hand, with 4 of the lder dragon legendsin my first 6 packs, I'm full of chronicles.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I've been trying to build a deck using him. Unfortunately, since there's a lot of better cards out there for the effect it's pretty hard but I haven't given up! (Just put it on hiatus for awhile :))

I

Ihsans Shade

The first card I ever remember owning was a drudge skeleton. It was in a deck that was made for me by a friend who no longer plays magic. That is the only card I remeber from the deck, aside from swamps that is. However, one day the deck dissapered, I think the Baron had something to do with it, and it was severel months, maybe a year, before I got another deck built for me. A red green deck made by the Baron.

I am...
Ihsan's Shade

R

Ristik

My first pack was a pack of Homelands. It contained Serrated Arrows, Serra Bestiary (I still think it's better than anyone gave it credit for), and... a Baron Sengir! My first deck was, therefore, a black/white deck.... I think that I'm one of only a few newbies who never went through a "green" phase... accursed beatdown mages...