discard-beatdown

• Thread starter immortal grave walker
  • Start date
I

immortal grave walker

I think in type 2 That discard will be one of the strongest decks. If your opponant has no cards in hand then wow I guess you cant play anything.This deck is built to hopefully discard everything real early then beat down. If anyone has any advice on maybe how to make this deck better feel free.

the deck

4-birds of paridise
4-Llanowar elves
4-hunted wumpus
4-blastoderm
1-hurricane
1-mungha wurm
1-river boa
1-rhox

4-dark ritual
4-parallax nexus
4-stupor
2-extortion
2-addle
1-pain
3-V.tutor

10-forest
10 swamps

The elves I questiom? Cant determain if I have to much mana exceleration. Maybe put in some remove spells. The nexus is quick card removal and a good chance to cast a wumpus. I think Extortion is a over looked card in type 2.wumpus,blastoderm,wurm. beat down beat down. At the time you cast those things your opponants hand should be pretty well empty. Anyways thats my deck and my oppion.

T

terzarima

I have to say if this is a discard deck there aren't enough discards in it, A chilling apparition might help, even a wall of distortion has a reasonable discard ability. I think you should add a greel, mind raker, for the simple reason of his pretty damn good ability.

I

immortal grave walker

I was told I had to much discard. who knows?
Iv'e looked a the options of using creaters like that, however red will eat them up I rather have a first turn stupor or 2nd turn extortion ect.. then a first turn or 2nd turn CA. I think those cards are good and you might be right my oppion if Im going to loose a card I want it to have a impact one way or the other.Thanks for the input I might try those and see what happens

D

Duel

Nice touch. Discard/wumpus has serious synergy.
You might add Lobotomy. I know, I know, it's off-color, but only 1 mana. And it's also serious card advantage. They can't cast blastoderm if they have none in their deck.....