Dirty Kudzu deck

R

Reverend Love

Digging around my decklists I came across this thing. I haven't been able to build it yet as I'm a couple Kudzu shy of load (WOO! I'm a comedic genius I tell ya). Anyways it's built very specifically for multiplayer, with dirty players. Players that when they're dying will deny you from winning the game just out of spite. Dudes that will stone rain the guy with 2 land on turn 14...my kind of people. Again this thing is suppose to start playing kudzu and steam vines, but without allowing your opponents to send back your way. I don't know if it'll work. But it would be sooo awesome if it did.

Enchantments: 12
4 Spiritual Asylum
4 Kudzu
4 Steam Vines

Spells: 17
2 Tangle
3 Holy Day
3 Disenchant
4 Magma Jet
4 Beacon of Destruction
1 Reclaim

Creatures: 4
2 True Believer
2 Whipcorder

Artifacts: 6
4 Isochron Scepter
2 Icy Manipulator

Land: 23
4 Taiga
4 Plateau
4 Savannah
4 Windswept Heath
1 Shivan Gorge
1 Kor Haven

F

Force of Will Smith

Kudzu 1GG Echant Land
When enchanted land becomes tapped, destroy it. That land's controller moves ~this~ to a land of his or her choice. [Oracle 2001/08/24]

Steam Vines 1RR
Enchant Land
When enchanted land becomes tapped, destroy it and *this* deals 1 damage to that land's controller. That player moves *this* to a land of his or her choice.

Moving this card to another land does not target the land. [Odyssey FAQ 2001/10/04]
If there are no other lands to move it to, this card goes to the graveyard as would any local enchantment that lost the thing it enchants. [Odyssey FAQ 2001/10/04]
If this card leaves play after it triggers but before it resolves, then the trigger will deal damage and destroy the land, but it will not bring this card back into play. [Odyssey FAQ 2001/10/04]

ok so with errata, i can't sacrifice a kudzu to an auratog 1,000,000 times... apparently cards that make your lands untargetable do nothing as well.. is there any way to abuse these?

perhaps with a LD, Ankh, Zozu, Manabarbs Geddon Deck?

Rishadan port+kudzu?
with moving enchantment from
Enchantment alteration and Aura Graft

what would vines or kudzu do to a darksteel citadel?

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
It obviously doesn't destroy a Citadel. I am not positive about whether or not it moves the enchantment. I think it does, but I am not sure...

F

Force of Will Smith

sweet, well then at the very least, you can repeat landkill with a port and a kudzu/Vines.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Yeah, the two effects don't really seem dependent on each other, plus Spidey thinks it still moves...

The trick would be to make it so that your only land is the Citadel. Zuran Orb, perhaps?

M

MrPapersHead

If you really wanted to, You could do something really stupid with Nature's Revolt and Kitsune Mytic. Flip the Mystic and start moving Enchantments around on their lands, which are now creatures. You won't have to worry about having your own lands Kudzued (that just a cool word), because you can just move it right back.

Also, Darksteel Citadel.

F

Force of Will Smith

Also since the enchantments are just moved, spiritual asylum isn't effective any more.

-4 Spiritual Asylum

That is of course unless you're running the 4 spiritual to just protect your 4 creatures.

I also think you should emphasize the tapping of their creatures and such. Not sure i'd use isochrons at all . You could also run wastelands/stripmines give you the land advantage when kudzu/vines hits.

Here are some alternatives, although the morph one is good.

Aysen Bureaucrats 1W, 1/1, HL/5th
T: Tap target creature with power 2 or less.

Master Decoy 1W 1/2, Tempest Common
W, T: Tap target creature.

Benalish Trapper 1W 1/2, Invasion Common

Nomad Decoy 2W, 1/2, Odyssey Uncommon
Threshold - WW, T: Tap two target creatures.

Trap Runner 2WW 2/3
T: Target attacking unblocked creature becomes blocked.

Perhaps you could make lands untap slowly, rising waters/winter orb, Animate all lands, and somehow use artifact mana (change to green/white) to tap their lands.(skyshroud elf, Farrelite Priest)

Or maybe keeping it simple and use things like smoke. Hmm.

R

Rooser

Yes, the enchantments still move when they tap a citadel. I like Papersface's idea. What's hilarious right before Nature's Revolt is Death Pit Offering. This is a four-color deck now! Get on it Levelend Rove!

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
It's Papershead, Roosy. Like a shead made out of paper, I think...

Nature's Revolt does sound great for this...

I think that the opponents would really appreciate* Winter Orb in this deck.

*kill you if you dared to put

F

Force of Will Smith

I think it should stay R/G. I imagine Basic Land Destruction with kudzu would be ok.

I really hate making LD decks though. With Kudzu and Steam i think it could be fun.

anyone have a good R/G LD deck we could just slap these 2 cards in? preferably one with mana acc and red burn. It would definately run strip mines. Maybe we could just use the old Veteran Brawlers techtonic break deck where LD was at its peak.

and i think a early game tinder wall to break out a steam vines would be amazing (Provided you have a citadel).

M

MrPapersHead

First off Mr Oversoul, if you look at my addy, you will notice capital letters in key positions. Thus making it Mr. Papers Head......not Mr. Paper Shed (though that is hilarious in it's own right).

Secondly, this doesn't neccessarily have to be G/R, cause I am the wacky and stupid, I would make it G/W for the Kitsune Mystics and the Nomad Mythmakers. This way the Kudzu becomes recursive and never hurts you. Also......Nature's Revolt - Winter Orb is just wacky sauce.

Hmmmmm.....I just though of something. I don't think it works the way I want it to, but it is still an interesting interaction to think about, if not here. Living Lands + Juntu Stakes. Creatures with power 1 or less don't untap....so forests will "never" untap. With an Alter Reality that could be some craziness.......wait, nevermind, it's a stupid idea. I'll shut up now.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Capital letters don't mean anything. Train doesn't use ANY capitals in his name. 13NoVa uses them at intervals.

I think Winter Orb could be really annoying here. RL's decklist already has a certain Manipulator...

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Well, Winter Orb would combo well with the certain Manipulator, but Root Maze would be better as a standalone...

T

train

root maze is the way to go, as there are less ways to get rid of an enchantment than an artifact....

:D

D

DarthFerret

I know that there is no black in the deck, but whenever I built a "kudzu" deck, I always managed to slip in a tacklemaggot or 2. I love the bouncing cards....also, how about Jinxed Ring?