Diligent Farmhand

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Should you just use this guy to get the land right away, or save him for blocking and dealing damage and then use his ability?

T

train

I think the blocking, damage and then land is the niftiest idea....

D

Deadman

urh... it's kinda situational innit?
I mean, if he's got no critters out, and you really need the land, then sac it.
On the other hand, if he's gotta 3/3 or something, you need to block.
If you have something in your hand that costs just one mana more, then why keep the farmhand?
Of course, if he's got no critters and you have enough land, then you can use him to attack.

Important things to remember:

Farmers get land anytime, even at the end of your opponents turn.
Farmers get you tapped land, useless on the turn their used.
Human baby's taste like chicken, but lose that juicy flavor with age.

T

train

Farmers also provide the tobacco, barley, and hemp necessary for society to guarantee the possibility of sin...

I think some older humans taste like chicken - maybe it's the excess skin hanging around... Others just taste like humans...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I guess I am always seeing him in decks in my group where they're trying to get to threshold fast, but there's always critters about so I wonder why they don't hold them back for blocking, at least. I guess I should build a deck with them and see which is best for me...

D

Deadman

You haven't used them yet?
Are you mad?
They are sooo handy.
Cheap critter, expendable and useful at the same time -and for the same reason.
Mana acceleration is fantastic, blocking is good, threshold is nice, should I bother going on?
Use 'em already man! Damn handy little common.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
My latest decks were an all black anti-threshold and a red/black deck. They're in the Deck forum. My next effort would be G/W and some of the gold cards with those colors since I got a Nantucko Monastary and a Phantom Nishoba.

T

train

I wonder if he's related to the "Swords" farmer??? He's growing Barley behind him you know???

T

Treesinger

Spiderman:

If you build a G/W deck I suggest using Aura Shards. They are great (at least in multiplayer games and if you play enough creatures)!

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I have to see if I have any... I got a bit sidetracked though; I'm now building a W/U deck first to use Transendence first.

D

Deadman

Good call Treesinger, giving all you're creatures a free disenchant kicker does come in very handy.
Just make sure you use those farmers!