Diablo2 - Assasin

F

FoundationOfRancor

I have a question about the assasin in diablo2. What's the stats and stuff with the shadow master? It appears to be able to cast any spell that assasins could cast, but not just specifically the ones I have points in. Do we share skill points?

And btw, how does the assasin do in hell?

M

MrXarvox

from my past experience:

the shadow master is like a separate character. it doesn't base its skills on yours. Also, its items are randomly generated, and there is no way to tell exactly what they are. The only stats you know are the ones laid out in the skill description.

I had an assassin that made her way through hell very slowly if I recall. Hell level is hard for everyone. I would recommend putting some points into mind blast (i think that's what it's called) so that when something runs at you, you can stun it for a second. My character found that to be extremely helpful, back in the day.
Also very useful for repeatedly stunning monsters from afar while your well-equipped second act (they're the best) minion kills them.

F

FoundationOfRancor

Mind blast? Really? the percentile isnt very good on that spell.....And whats this about mercs? I always thought the first act ones were the best, because they attack from afar.

M

Mazzak

Second act mercs give you auras. They also use spears/polearms which do more damage than bows. Plus they have a lot more HP and strength than 1st act.

I think the spell is called mind blast. been awhile since I last played, I may be wrong. Maybe there is a better version of it higher up on the skill tree. Anyway, only put one or two points into it, as you want to have just enough of a radius on it to stun a decently sized group of monsters, but it isn't an effective weapon for actually doing reasonable damage. Let any "+X to Assassin skill levels" items that you get do the trick for making it any stronger than 1 or 2 levels.

N

Neo_Keo

Does anyone on at the CPA play on east? if so let me know and maybe we can get together sometine.

Sidenote to CT: Did you give up on D2? lets play some more. Doe stop acting and play D2 :)

Ferret

Staff member
I stopped playing when I was playing my Druid and was getting close to the end of Chapter IV - it was just getting too much of a pain to keep paying to bring my sidekick back to life and my critters kept dying around me...

-Ferret

"...my Necormancer couldn't survive Chapter III..."

N

Nightstalkers

we still need a decent internet connection as well as the expansion...

money is such a bore

F

FoundationOfRancor

Hmmm....Mind blast I will look into.
My accounts on US EAST
MrsHodge
Debaughman

or casandracs

N

Nightstalkers

how are the connections in the western states?

and whats so great about the extra characters in the expansion?

F

FoundationOfRancor

The connection's allright.

The new characters are not all that cool....actually, they both suck. But you should get the expansion, or else you wont be able to enter games with those that do have it.