Diablo 2 Playgroup

• Thread starter FoundationOfRancor
  • Start date
F

FoundationOfRancor

Hey all,
Recently I've been getting back into diablo 2. Does anyone want to make a playgroup? I usually like playing at night.

C

Chaos Turtle

I was thinking about it too, but I'm waiting for the 1.10 patch.

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Though it's probably usually a bit late for you guys to be on too. Look for me on the USEast and/or USWest servers as Tom_B...:D

B

BigBlue

Why don't you make a game called CPA with the password casual, it will be easy enough to find, and keep the bad element out (unless of course we have a bad element here).

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

I'd be up for a D2 play group. Just reinstalled it. Glad I kept my favorite characters on a floppy.

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
I've just been making games and calling them CPA without worrying about passwording them. If we get a good game going and we run into that "bad element" we can always bail and make a new game at that point.

How do you save D2 characters to a floppy? I thought they were kept on the server in D2...:confused:

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

What do you play Battle net or open Battle net?. Battle net characters are kept on their server, but open battle characters are your single player characters, and are in your D2 save files. just copy and paste them to a floppy and you're good.

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Though I guess there's a way to play multi-player by dialing other people's computers directly. I don't really know how to do that though, so I just go to Battle.net and find/create a game there.

I just assumed you were talking about your MP characters from the server there, and wondered if/how you did it. My mistake...:eek:

B

BigBlue

OK, now I've yet to see any room named CPA, I've tried about 3 times, and create one myself. . .

I'm on US West, not east, is that the reason? (I haven't really explored Battle.net since Diablo I when there was only one place).

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Please don't tell my wife...;)

Ummm...I've made a few games with the name CPA, but I really haven't been on that much for about a week now due to LOTS of overtime at work.

Sorry.

I didn't think we'd be creating a CPA chatroom though, so I haven't really been looking for one. Remember too, I'm not usually on and playing before 3:00am Chicago time. That's probably a bit late for you "normal" types out there...:eek:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by Chaos Turtle
I was thinking about it too, but I'm waiting for the 1.10 patch.
From today's Gamespy newsletter:
Diablo II Patch 1.10! - Prophet
You've waited and waited... and waited for Blizzard to bring Diablo II version 1.10 out of beta and into a final state and now your wait is over because 1.10 has been released on Battle.net! Simply connect to Battle.net with the game and download the patch to get started. This is a pretty substantial patch for Blizzard's ultra popular action role-playing game - it offers seasonal ladder characters, more-challenging gameplay, enhanced skills, new items, new anti-cheat measures, a new game-world event, and much more. Look for a downloadable stand-alone 1.10 update at your favorite download site soon (ours is FilePlanet).

N

Nightstalkers

I play D2 but since my connection has been reduced to a 56k modem connect, I can't really play battle.net anymore.

And I kinda got in trouble with being friends with an admin on there...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
From today's Gamespy newsletter:
Diablo News - Kyote
PlanetDiablo reports that Blizzard has issued a new warning to players not to use map hacks, as Blizzard can and will ban accounts and cd keys. They also report at PlanetDiablo that they've got new fan art, and new wallpapers of Diablo II.

Source: RPGPlanet

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
From Saturday's Gamespy newsletter:
Diablo II Bug
Kyote | 14:10 | Strategy

PlanetDiablo has learned of a bug in version 1.10 of Diablo II, Blizzard's hit action-RPG, which involves the Fire Enchanted unique monsters. Blizzard has confirmed this bug, and will resolve it shortly.

Source: RPGPlanet

N

Notepad

Dang, poor little cheating scumbags!

Well, if the playgroup is still around, I am sometimes on USWest on Battle.net as the account:

*Silenry

I'll be working on a low-level assassin (Silenry) or sorceress (Meselith) so you can search me by those characters, too.

When I'm on and not transferring items around, I'll be sure to have the CPA//casual game up and running.

Hope to see ya on the realms!!! :D

M

Master Shake

I would be interested in playing D2 with a group... but I am fairly new to the game, and I am teh suck

N

Notepad

Being new to the game ain't too bad. I was forced to be new. I used to have an account with a hell amazon, paladin, sorc, barb, assassin, necro, and druid...but then I stopped playing for like 6 months and they were all wiped in server cleaning since I never played the account.

So now I have to start all over again, and it ain't too bad. My only gripe is all the hack-checking the servers now do lags the living hell outta my connection!!! GRRRR

M

Master Shake

It is 4:53 P.M. (Eastern) And I have created a CPA Room (Password Casual) in U.S. East. If anyone is interested, the game is on normal, because I have no idea how advanced some people are.

Come on in.