Desert Rose...

D

DÛke

**I don't know if you guys have ever done this on these boards, but we all do it in MTGnews. We post a story, and then have everyone add a bit to it until we have a fully organized and well-done story. I have posted this story back there, and it got so many replies. It turned out cool. I would like to see how you guys will tunr it out to be. All you have to do is come up with something to continue the story, it don't have to be too long, but make it more than a word or two. Make sure you leave a blank at the end of the story, so somone else could come and add to it :)**

There was once a man living in a desert called Excre. He was lonely. He wanted that way. He was a freak of nature. Nobody ever passes his old, rotten tent. He lives in the desert, near a very small well that he had made years ago. It's been 10 years since he'd seen a single living human around. He had a couple of farm animals like cattle, some cows, and a couple of chickens. There were small bushes, just right enough to feed those poor animals. He relyed so much on his animals for food.

He lived in this sandy place. It would get so hot during mid-day that if you stay too long in the sun you'd burn alive, yet it would get so cold at night that you might freeze yourself to death. But the man survived all those harsh conditions, and is well of any sickness.

His life is about to change.

One day, just like every other day he'd lived, while he was getting fresh eggs from one of his dear chickens, he looked far east, where all you can see is sand and small-sand-tornados. He looked there for about a minute and he saw something that he hadn't seen for 10 years: he saw a human. The human was so far a way that the naked eye couldn't tell if it was a man, a women, or something else. But it was a human alright. He couldn't see very well, and for some reason, a creepy feeling went through his small body. He quickly went inside the tent, and looked very carefully at the person, which appeared to be getting closer. He looked and looked as the person comes closer and closer, but not close enough to see any impressions. He could see what the person was wearing, which was a fully black cloth all over the body, and the face was covered with black cloth also, only the top of the face where the eyes are is showing of the face. He couldn't see the eyes though for the person was too far. The person also carried the biggest sword Excre had ever seen his entire life. The sword was about 6 feed long and about 7 inches wide. The person suddenly stopped in it's place and looked at the tent. Excre could tell that the person was looking at the tent since it was the only object around for miles to come.

Excre had two options: to go see the person and get to know them and it's persuings, although he feared every living human; or, he could stay in the tent, prepare the bow and arrow which he had stollen when he was a kid, and prepare to engage in a small battle if the person comes to close.

What should Excre do?

T

theorgg

The Rose of the desert, with his pink cheeks birthed by the sandy wind, rose out from his crouch. as he did the stranger began stabbing the sword down deep into the sand. Excre called forth to the person "pheee HOar whhhhhr?!?" What Excre ment, however, Was "Peace or War?" The draped being did not seem to have heard his rasp.

The visitor's distance from Excre lessened by the second. Finally, The sword that Excre could make out became clearer. It was a large scyth--The handle was of a white bone, and the blade was nearly transparent due to it's sharpness.

Excre could barly make out the pallad face of the stranger, which he believed to be a man due to the form the windblown cloak's clinging suggested. If the man had eyes, they were deeply sunken into his face, and his nose must be one of the smallest the Desert Rose had seen his entire life. Even though the desert's wind was blowing directly into the face of the man, He was smiling a humourless grin.

Excre gripped his crossbow as a chill ran through his lith frame...

D

DÛke

Excre got his bow out, and was ready to fire some arrows at the stranger. His aim was great, as he always practiced. He shot an arrow at the man, the arrow was perfectly aimed at the man's chest.
The arrow struck through the air, and flyed over to the man, and just as it was getting ready to strike the man's heart, the arrow was defelected! It was just amazing. The man didn't even do anything; yet the arrow just droped dead to the ground.
Excre was frightened.

The man seemed not to mind the arrow from Excre. He was still moving closer, slowly.

Excre shot a couple of more arrows, but they are were all defelected. It was amazing. It was like the man had a field around him or something. Excre droped to the ground and looked helpless as the man came closer, with the scythe in his hand. The scythe was so big, bigger than the man himself; this showed that the man was of both great physical strength. The defelection showed his mental strength.

Excre was frightened. He didn't want to meet anyone.
The man came closer until his expression could be seen. He was few feets away from a helpless Excre.

It was a momment until the man finally speaks:

"You are Excre?" said the man with an evil grin.

"Y...y..y e s..." said Excre, you could see fear in his tone.

"I come here for a reason, Excre. I have been asked to deliver a message to you by my masters." said the man, an even more evil grin this time.

"A...a..m e s s a ge? F..from whom?" said the sweating Excre.
"If you tell any living soul about this message, you will be murdered, understand that Excre? This message is for you and for you alone; you are not to share it, not even with your inner mind..." the man said as he was searching himself for something, a message probably.

"I..I understand..."

"The message from my master, and you will hear it once, here it is:......"

D

Duel

"Death" the messenger grinned "Has found you, Excre. You've fled long enough, but surely you didn't think it could last forever..."
"Are.. are you going to kill me?" Excre stammered
"Kill you?" The man replied, his smile not changing "Why should I do that? I am but a messenger, and sent with a message. The message is this: You will meet death again, though you scaped him at your last encounter, you shall not again. What is more, you shall meet the most horrible death possible for you, Excre:.....

D

DÛke

"N..now..how...c o u l d that be!? Death is not a person! And..I..I fe..feel...safe here..." Excre said, sweating even more.

"SAFE! Mua haa haa haaaa! You have no idea! Well, I've told you Excre, and it's all up to you now. You can't escapt it, like I said. Your death is set. Bye!" The man said all this, and when he said his last word, he vanished into thick air. He was no where to be seen. It was like a mirage or something in this hot sun.

Excre stood their silently, not knowing what to do? Could it be just his imagenation, playing mind games on him? Could it be that he misses the normal life, that he misses people, and that's why this illusion of his mind was created? He though and thoght, but he couldn't find an answer.
"YOUR DEATH IS SET" Excre remembered those words, and creeped over them.

He decided to forget the whole thing, he didn't believe it.

Excre went back to his old tent, to get something to eat, but when he found his food, it was all rotten. It had cockroaches, bugs, worms, and all kind of insects in it. All the food, which was nicely stored was rotten now. The milk he had was yellow now from the rotten-ness. The place was filled with the rotten odor. He didn't believe his eyes, after all, he had stored food this way for 10 years now! Why is it rotten now.

He ran out side the tent, not believing what he just have seen, and just as he steps out of the tent.....