Defense of the Heart

M

Mikeymike

Here's a great Legacy enchantment that I own a bunch of but I always forget it exits.

How about teaming this thing up with Questing Pheldagriff? This way I can ensure they've got the 3 creatures (as an instant) by my upkeep.

Anyone else know any good Defense of the Heart tricks? I know I saw an infinite turn combo in the past, but I'm not looking for infinite loops, just nice synergy.

M

Mikeymike

I was going to put in Monk Idealist (I like the artwork better) anyway b/c that is not at all broken...as long as I keep away from that crazy infinite turn combo.

I was thinking about also running Scroll Rack or Brainstorm (a la Oath) so I can make I don't draw into the creature I want.

Man, Scroll Rack is quickly becoming my favorite card. Its in 3 of my decks already, along with 2 potential deck ideas (Scroll Rack/Call of the Wild).

K

Killerbob

I use that combo in my Legends deck too (with old Phelddagrif). Its so amusing to hear them laugh ( "Ha-ha, I dont play creatures!"), and then watch the look on their face, when they understand what is happening.
Anyway, Sylvan hierophant should also be an option. Or something which can turn his lands into creatures.
Maybe Goblin Cadets?

btw -does anybody know that infinite combo? I think it sounds very unlikely...

M

Mikeymike

The combo was pretty complicated, and I don't remember it specifically. I do remember that it used Monk Idealist, Defense of the Heart, and Second Chance. Off the top of my head I can see how to get it to work, but its too time consuming and uses too many combo elements. I know there is a key card I'm forgetting.

L

Lotus Mox

wouldn't it be simpler to just use Hanna and Second Chance? :)

K

Killerbob

This combo must have been before invasion was printed. Or it might be less fragile, because Hannah is too easy to kill.

2 Rishadan pawnshops (and a lot of mana) would do the trick! Or two of the old wizards, who could tap and pay u to put a creature on top of library. But that combo is REALLY complicated...

T

theorgg

...but you REALLY don't want a B.F.M. in play!

I'd use TBFEP, Verdant Force. In multiples.

Reclaim might also work.

Just stay away from the BFM. After Coffers came out, and IT started popping out with more regularity, I found that every deck just about has some kind of way to deal with it, even red.

I've had it Humbled, I've had it Terminated, I've had it CINDER CLOUDED, I had HALF of it capsized, killing the other bit of it, I've had it Ray of Commanded and FLINGED at me...

It's just not worth the trouble.

K

Killerbob

Even one success would make it worth it! But I´m not sure, that defense can do it. Only one of the cards is a creature card, so you cant search for the other one. But if you have the other one in hand, and defense lets you search for 2 creature cards, and put those creatures into play, I really dont know, if you can put the other half into play too.
Anyway, Timmy power gamer makes an exceptition to the rules -he can actually put it into play for 4 mana.

T

theorgg

Each half is a creature card, just split into two sections.

Either half knows thef ull characteristics of one complete BFM card, but both must come into play simutaniously to have it not die.

A Heart can pull out ONE complete BFM.