Declare Dominance

Ferret

Staff member
So, lately I've been playing MTG:Arenas. It's nice, it's free (well, free as you want it to be), and it's challenging. One of the biggest challenges is winning with a Green stompy deck. The most prevalent decks tend to run vampires, white weenies and my (least) favorite, Fish. While getting overrun by these decks can happen quickly, if you're able to hold on for about six turns, you can get out enough fatties to equal your opponent's life total. Just slap Declare Dominance on one of your elves and attack away.

It'll take them about a minute to figure out that they can only block one critter and will eventually concede. It's a cheap victory, but it works...

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Haven't been on Arena much lately and I haven't used Declare Dominance on the platform, although I did get to see it in Limited...

You know, one of my favorite cards in 1999 was this little guy...

Wait a minute, Ferret's back?

Ferret

Staff member
Nice, but he's Shock-bait. Declare Dominance is nice because it can target anything - and has a built in Wild Growth just in case you want to destroy a few of your opponent's critters for good measure...

Ferret

Staff member
So a one shot lure with boost. Nice, haven't seen that one yet.

It is sweet. Usually spells victory against creature heavy decks like Fish or vampire. They spend about two minutes figuring out why they can't block your other creatures! Fun times...