Deck ya...or KILL!!!

Discussion in 'Casual Decks/Variants/Etc' started by TylersOnFire, May 9, 2002.

1. TylersOnFire Ouch...

k so this is kinda different. two ways of winning. killing with the lovely creatures or generating huge amounts of mana and stroking you for a thousand...hmmm i like the second one a whole lot better. heres the whole idea: have huge amounts of artifact mana to let the tolarian academy's generate even more mana. tap the acadaemy to play a palinchron, drake, or ferries which let me untap up to 7, 5 , or 2 lands. the trick is i untap the academy, tap it as a mana source (as an instant) keep the mana in my pool and then untap the same land 2 or however many times...this will generate very large amounts of mana all from the academy. heres the proposed first draft list...tell me ideas!

Artifact 17
    4 Grim Monolith
    4 Sol Ring
    2 Mana Vault
    4 Voltaic Key
    1 Metalworker
    2 howling mine

Other Spells 12
    4 Stroke of Genius
    3 Traumatize
    1 Time Search :)D hey it'd be fun admit it)
    4 Rising Waters

Creatures 10
    2 Palinchron
    3 Peregrine Drake
    3 Cloud of Ferries
    2 Ambassador Laquatas

Lands 21
    4 Tolarian Academy
    17 Island

shanks for looking...
    tyler-
  2. Duel Has Less Posts Than Spiderman

Use High tide.... it's fun. And with palinchron, infinite.
  3. Loafing Giant Big Dumb Lummox

How about with Equilibrium!!

With Faeries of the Pali
  4. Duel Has Less Posts Than Spiderman

The problem is that Equilibrium requires two free creatures. High tide and palinchron is a little faster. plus High tide can seriously enhance stroke.

Time spiral would be fun....
  5. Tabasco DDR Fanatic

Are you sure about that 2 creature thing??

It's a CIP ability type thing so you can target the creature you just played

Unlike with Mystic Snake and how it can't counter itself.
  6. Lotus Mox New Member

Equilibrium doesn't trigger when a creature comes into play, it triggers as soon as you play a creature, so it resolves before the creature enters play, and therefore can't target the creature which triggered it.

Snake is a CIP ability and also can't target itself, because it targets spells and not creatures ;)