Deck Building

B

Black Vise

Just wondering what everyone is playing these day's in the world of type 2 with Mirroden?? I love my Zombie Bidding deck with 4 mirroden artifact Lands YAY!!!!!!!!!! If you want a list of this deck, let me know I took top 15 in states with it. Its a pretty strong deck over all in the states I went 9th plalce just missing top 8 :mad:

S

Seeker of Truth

Around here, a lot of people are playing affinity decks, myself included. Tribal decks are still popular, too, especially goblins and zombies. Decks revolving around Isochron Scepters are also being built, especially in Extended. Every now and then you may see an odd Equipment deck also, but not often.

I wish I could say more about type 2, but hardly anyone around here plays type 2 besides me.

T

train

Type 2 is moving towards the artifacts in Mirrodin... Isochron scepter, Chalice of the void, bosh, and atog decks are all doing well...

As for tribals - most I've seen is the new white weenies and goblins...

elves, zombies, and beasts have died out...

D

DeathMaster666

With all of the artifacts and Molten Rain, a RG beast LD with Molder Slug and Ravenous Baloth might be viable.

R

Rooser

Might be viable? Might be? I think a deck like that is a LOT more than viable. Red/Green LD has the goods to be a top teir deck, I'd say.

At states there was a lot of MBC, and White + Another Color Control was very popular. In fact, the top 4 was all control decks, with white pulling the main load, and whatever other color you wanted picking up the slack. It was cool. Eternal Dragon was the card of the day.

On a dare, me and my friend agreed to each go with decks that maindeked 4 Tempting Wurms. We did slightly worse than mediocre, but we didn't lose a game to our own Tempting Wurm all day, and in practice found that the card is a lot better than even casual players think it is. My build was Black/Green control with heavy discard and Oblivion Stones, which both helped negate the Wurm's drawback. The card of the day for me was Betrayal of Flesh, which garnered a huge tempo advantage for me every time, destroying a fatty and bringing in a conveniently cycled Twisted A-Bomb. My buddy was going red/green control, with O-Stones and Starstorms and Rukh Eggs and 4 maindecked Break Asunders, (Tee hee). Rogue decks certainly, but they showed potential. Our relatively poor performance was due partly to good old fashioned bad luck, and partly to a few bad card choices, (I took out Consume Spirits for Diabolic Tutors at the last minute, and regretted it all day).

Didn't see much affinity, and most players here are competitive enough that if they ran it, it'd be control builds, not beatdown builds.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I wonder where that guy is who did that whole series of Onslaught block-possible Type 2 archetypes and if he's planning to do the same for Mirrodin...

T

train

Don't know - hadn't seen him around much...

I will say that tempting wurm is a monster... especially when running control!!!...

T

train

That would be sad...

Either way - It was some type2 reading material...:cool:

D

DeathMaster666

I want to try a Mono-B Cleric deck using Cabal Archon, Rotlung Reanimator, Dark Supplicant, and Scion. Any thoughts as to to a good decklist?

T

train

There were some cleric decks posted here last i knew...

try searching this forum to see if any pop-up...

If not - I'll see what i can do for you...;)

D

DeathMaster666

I only saw a post for some B/W cleric deck. My idea is using Rotlung Reanimator, Supplicant, Scion, Boneknitter, and Cabal Archon to keep early pressure up.