Dear people…Thread out of sheer boredom…

N

Nightstalkers

Originally posted by Zhaneel
*sings Zhaneel a promising hymn*

eh

*hug*
With all things considered, yes, philosophical bull does denote from the threads. But whenever there is a soul to be shown a folly or channel of difference in their odd ways, we will be there. I will allow your normal host to continue this discussion as previously aollotted.

And Zhaneel, accept my most humble apology for ruining your amusement. ;)

D

DÛke

Oh my dear Zhan, do you at least not laugh, even if secretly, when you say what you have just said? Surely it is easier to altogether ignore, to completely dismiss any distractions that overpower your musings. Tell me at least you grin when you reply with that attitude, because there such a great folly underneath it: that you take the time to contribute to it, even after you had contributed to it and, maybe, had your entertainment.

Consider this, as a very non-philosophical but a casual suggestion: life is a matter of taste and tasting, right? There are good and bad tastes, good and bad spirits, empty and spirited spirits; consider that precisely my amusement is in such “philosophical” outbursts (which, with all honesty, I have no control over); who should we entertain, at the end, you or I? You want to entertain yourself, but I, too, want to be entertained. I have never came across your fascinations, not exactly out of respect or disrespect, but out of sheer indifference: “as long as she does not annoy me,” I think to myself. So let us steer clear of telling each other to whose entertainment we should kneel; we all need to be amused – at the cost of somebody; this time, is just happens to be you, out of accidental action, of course!

Aku - we are not the same.

Ferret

Staff member
I can see why so many topics become philosphical discussions: Life is an analysis in philisophy. Every day we question why we do things that we do - at least those of us worth mentionning do. The world is a pretty ordered place. The fun is to seek the chaos within it all so that you don't go crazy and fall into a hum-drum existence. That's what gets me through my day - that, and video games...

-Ferret

"If a person is born blind, what do their dreams look like?"

A

Apollo

I can see why so many topics become philosphical discussions: Life is an analysis in philisophy.
Actually, it's because DUke is around. But you're close. :p

*Apollo goes and sits in the corner with Zhaneel, because certainly nothing of interest is happening elsewhere.

N

Nightstalkers

"The world is the playground of the children that we call man, we are merely here to uphold the balance that man strives so hard to break." — History of the Nightstalkers, Chapter 1

"Sure its all fun and games until someone gets their eye poked out." — Some Magic card.

*Hands Apollo a box of bird seed while taking a flanking position next to Zhaneel

Ferret

Staff member
Originally posted by Nightstalkers
"Sure its all fun and games until someone gets their eye poked out." — Some Magic card.

I prefer the other version I heard:

"It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye - then, it's just a game 'Where's the eye? Where's the eye?'"

-Ferret

"...or another version of blind man's bluff..."

N

Nightstalkers

Whoever said that you gain no knowledge from Magic cards should be tarred and feathered... :rolleyes:

No offense Apollo :D

T

train

The challenge to do the un-do-able...
The quest to learn something each and every day - no matter how trivial...
and the humor to understand that life, as we view it is a joke amongst ourselves...

N

Nightstalkers

Originally posted by Nightstalkers
The challenge to do the un-do-able...
The quest to learn something each and every day - no matter how trivial...
and the humor to understand that life, as we view it is a joke amongst ourselves...
Learning is the easy part, expressing that which your've learned is the trivial matter.

T

train

Learning is the easy part, expressing that which your've learned is the trivial matter.
It is only trivial if you believe it's trivial...

N

Nightstalkers

Originally posted by train
It is only trivial if you believe it's trivial...

And you like fish :D
What you believe is up to you, and whatever diety you worship.

N

Nightstalkers

WTF!? train didn't post that. Is there something going on that you want to tell me about Eris?