Deader Deck

A

Animus

this is my Deader Deck. i've never gotten it rated or fixed before. it was made a year ago a bit after i first started playing.

4x Llanowar Elves
4x Carrion Feeder
1x Golgari Thug
4x Shambling Shell
4x Gravedigger
1x Caller of the Claw
1x Nantuko Husk
1x Fallen Angel
2x Gleancrawler
2x Dimir House Guard
1x Vulurous Zombie
1x Protean Hulk
2x Savra, Queen of the Golgari

1x Grafted Wargear
2x Golgari Germination
2x Putrify
2x Sundering Vitae
1x Decree of Pain
2x Kodama's Reach
1x Curse of the Cabal
1x Phyrexian Altar

8x Swamp
8x Forest
2x Golgari Rot Farm
2x Svogthos, the Restless Tomb

this is the latest incarnation of my black and green deck. usually Avatar of woe, sisters of stone death, and nezumi graverobber but it seemed to steer away from the theme.
pretty soon i'll add Grave Pact and Lifeline.
i moved out the sakura tribe elders because it thought that the elves and the kodama's reaches were enough.
i also took out a grave-shell scarab and sensei's divining top because they seemed slow compared to dimir house guard. especially when i can get gravedigger and savra on the fly.
jinxed ring seemed like a good idea but i'm not sure.

i'm welcome to any critiques and/or fixes.
a lot of the changes happed this week so i want to spring this on the guys at college.

L

Limited

Nice deck. I like how you've combined Savra with Grafted Wargear.

I have a few suggestions:
Seeing that all your manafixers are green, I'd drop two Swamps for two Forest. Then, I'd swap the Llanowar Elves for Elves of Deep Shadow; the life-loss is worth it.
I'd add some more creature removal. Keening Banshee would be great and the Dimir House Guards can tutor for a lone copy.
Speaking of which, how about going for a more toolbox approach? Put in another Protean Hulk and two more Dimir House Guards and try putting several single copies of creatures like Keening Banshee, Loaming Shaman, Junktroller etc. Perhaps you could take out more aggressive elements like Carrion Feeder?
(What kind of format do you and your friends play? Multiplayer?)

A

Animus

Limited said:
Nice deck. I like how you've combined Savra with Grafted Wargear.

I have a few suggestions:
Seeing that all your manafixers are green, I'd drop two Swamps for two Forest. Then, I'd swap the Llanowar Elves for Elves of Deep Shadow; the life-loss is worth it.
I'd add some more creature removal. Keening Banshee would be great and the Dimir House Guards can tutor for a lone copy.
Speaking of which, how about going for a more toolbox approach? Put in another Protean Hulk and two more Dimir House Guards and try putting several single copies of creatures like Keening Banshee, Loaming Shaman, Junktroller etc. Perhaps you could take out more aggressive elements like Carrion Feeder?
(What kind of format do you and your friends play? Multiplayer?)
i have some Elves of Deep Shadow and i've been bouncing back and forth between those and the llanowar elves. i'm not too keen on the banshiees. if i have the space i'd just put in two more putrifys. besides with like 14 things that sac themselves or other creaturesfor free, savra will already be my machine gun. same goes for grave pact. also i was thinking of running Abyssal Gatekeeper in fours to keep up the "Scarcifice! everybody SACRIFICE!" theme.

sorry the carrion feeders are a staple. once golgari germination comes out it can easily become a huge monstrosity for the low cost of one black mana. and with Savra out he doubles for a machine gun (and i do mean machine gun when protean hulk is involved. thats my usual finisher, sac the hulk sack the resulting feeders and elves, sac the resulting tokens from golgari germination.

the junkroller already prooved too slow for the local milling guy that runs a bunch of brain freezes. the shaman could work given that he's a creature thus reuseable via gravedigger. actually he'd be easy to use thus killing off a lot of his mill options.

i just play casually, meaning the same deck has to go one on one to 3-7 players in one day. some play with silver border cards as well.

L

Limited

Especially in multiplayer I wouldn't choose the Carrion Feeder, because they can't block, but if that is your thing go for it :D

If Protean Hulk is such a keycard, I'd play another copy (and perhaps some reanimation like Dread Return).

A

Animus

the way i see it, the way the deck worked before, i rarely had to block. if i have free sacrificers early in the game as well as my new Abyssal Gatekeepers.

i have to wait for the other protean hulk. the local store doesn't have any in singles sales.

A

Animus

my deck didnt' work. its obvious from turn 2 that everyone is going to hate my deck so 90% of counterspells on the table went to me. i was right about not needing carrion feeder to block. i was attack twice total in the entire day.

now i need to ask how to make this deck less obvious until i can get it going.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
My biggest suggestion for this deck (keeping multiplayer in mind) is to take out any early game threats and replace them with more late game threats or early game defense/build/setup.

Ransac, cpa trash man