Deadbeat Ebay bidders?

N

Nightstalkers

Why not list a ebay sellers who list counterfeit items but describe them as the real thing? it would help some of you guys a little.

M

Master Shake

My girlfirend currently bought 4 Cursed Scrolls for me for Christmas. Thakfully she can not keep a secret. The seller had listed 4x Cursed Scrolls, and said that he guarenteed that they were tournment legal. In small font, on the auction page he listed that they were gold bordered. Thankyfuly he refunded the money the next day Via Pay Pal.

Remember kids:

Mutliated, Gold bordered, Collectors Edition and International Edition cards are not Legal for tournment play, but are fine for casual... but with that said, you can simply proxy them rather then waste money on what are glorified fakes.

N

Notepad

Geez, ya hate the gold bordered cards...

It would be great if the world champ decks were all "real" cards. Would be funny to see what it did to the market.

-Oh, this card is a netdeck card? Raise it to $20
-Man, netdecks win tourneys?
-World Champ decks all gonne be precons?
-Then all those $20 cards don't need to be?
-End result: Netdeck cards remain at reasonable prices. :D

Heh, heh. Everybody wins, especially the casual gamers who can't afford $500 for a deck...

And I'd be able to get my 4x Broodstars finally...

T

train

They do have non-paying bidders filing on ebay - something like that here would depend on how many people actually use ebay...

N

Notepad

Wouldn't selling counterfiet cards fall under federal lawsuit regions? I mean, no matter the disclaimer, the sellers are obviously selling copyrighted material that they copied...

Funny enough, I think notifying WotC *might* be a better idea than notifying eBay.

T

train

selling counterfeits has to be pursued into legal action by the individuals or company holding the rights to the properties, but is covered under some state and federal laws...

N

Nightstalkers

I've recently spent a little money ($23) on a "Magic: The Gathering Beta Black Lotus" and found that it was a proxy even after I contacted the jerk and he assured me that it was in mint condition and it was neither a fake, nor a proxy.

It turned out to be a proxy glued onto a card... So that means that the original card is now in less than destroyed condition because you cannot make out the card itself.

I'm not going to let you guys send any hatemail out or anything, I've notified Ebay and they'll suspend his account. After they do that, I'll pay a visit to WotC and whomever actually remembers our tirade to control the company and see what trouble I can get him into.

Now I'm not going to let anyone send hatemail to or anything, but I do think that these... Oh wait, I feel a cold coming on...

*cough* CursedGame@yahoo.com *cough*

Whew, that was terrible. Now what was I talking about again?

Nightstalker Habuki

M

Mr_Pestilence

Because of the many problems I've had using Ebay, I 've given up on it. That's a real shame too, since you could usually find some real bargains.

N

Nightstalkers

He's still on Ebay? I reported him a while ago.

Oh well, I'll teach him not to give me his home address.

Nightstalker Exterra

N

Notepad

I hate eBay, myself, after some bad experiences. The worst and last was trying to sell my own foil 8E BoP. All the others went for about 90-100 bucks. My birds finished for 80 bucks, then the high bidder never even sent the money, though he lied a few times and said THIS TIME the money was in the mail... The annoying thing was I was still billed for the auction, including a tax or cut or something eBay wanted for the finishing price (despite it being a fake bidder who never paid)

So I don't use that crap anymore. Its too lame because it allows retards on.

I'm also gonna destroy my goddang BoP if I don't trade it within the next month or so. And I know I ain't gonna trade it, so I'll have fun destroying it. :D

T

train

SeFRo - you can get a credit from Ebay since the winning bidder never paid you... you get your listing fee back, but do get your final value fee...

you can also offer the item to the second place-bidder as a second chance - and they may buy it for their highest bid...;)