Dark Wildfire

D

Daenen

Hello, boys and girls. How are we doing today. I have here a deck list that I think should work pretty well. Tell me what you think:
(by the way, it's T2)

4 Sulfurous Springs
5 Swamps
11 Mountain

4 Voltaic Key
4 Howling Mine
4 Grim Monolith
4 Thran Dynamo

4 Covetous Dragon
4 Phyrexian Colossus
4 Masticore
4 Metalworker

4 Dark Ritual
4 Wildfire

Anyway, tell me what you think

M

Mikeymike

There isn't really that much I would touch, the deck looks very solid. I have some ideas though.

Pillage, I like these better in here than the Howling Mines.

Fire Diamond, you don't want Wildfire to wipe out all of your colored mana. These might be better than Metalworkers b/c they'll survive a Wildfire.

But if you do keep the Metalworkers, why not Blaze? You'll be producing tons o mana w/ them, your artifact mana and the Keys.

Avatar of Woe instead of the Colossus. I can't help it, I love this guy, he's a house.

D

Duel

that's a pretty solid deck, Daenan, he's right. You might want to be just a tad more creative. This may not work as well, but it's possible that it'll work better.

3 Sulfurous Springs
5 Swamps
11 Mountain

4 Voltaic Key
4 Grim Monolith
3 Thran Dynamo
2 Horn of plenty
4 Fire diamond (Heart of ramos)

4 Covetous Dragon
2 Phyrexian Colossus
4 Shivan Hellkite (I distain masticore)
4 Avalache riders (Keldon champion?)
* Alternately, a Crater Hellion is a fantastic choice, if an expensive one....

4 Dark Ritual
4 Wildfire
2 Pillage (I agree)

C

Cateran Overlord

Nothing new to add really, just saying how happy I always am to see someone use Hellkite over Evilcore. I would agree that you'll need some sort of colored artifact mana though, or else you're going nowhere.

F

Fire Slinger

Add Charcoal Diamond or Skull of Ramos so you can cast the Dark Rituals after a Wildfire.

D

Duel

I was under the impression that the rituals were for getting artifact mana out quick. Why would you use it after wildfire?

D

Daenen

First of all, thanks for the suggestions.

This deck is designed as a beat-down deck, with Wildfire thrown in there just to give some extra beatings. I only have 12 (count 'em) colored spells (4 Wildfire, 4 Dark Rit, 4 Covetous Dragon). I never have a problem with getting the particular color that I need, so I'm not worried about it.

The Metalworkers stay. They kick ass. I can drop my whole hand on turn 2:
1)Swamp, Dark Rit, Metalworker.
2)Tap Metalworker, reveal 2 Grim Monoliths, Phyrexian Colossus, and 2 Voltaic Keys. Cast them all. Go.

That is usually when the other player screams.

I like the blaze idea, but I don't know what to take out for them.

As far as the Shivan Hellkites go, they are one of my favorite creatures of all time. However, I am not running that much red mana, so they wouldn't do as much damage as a Masticore can. In my Regular Wildfire deck, I am running 2 Shivan Hellkites main board, with 2 more in the Sideboard.

However, I really like the Pillage idea. I will replace the Howling Mines for Pillages.

I like the Avatar of Woe idea, as well. But only one or 2.

So, here is the deck as it now stands

4 Sulfurous Springs
9 Mountains
7 Swamps

4 Metalworker
4 Grim Monolith
4 Thran Dynamo
4 Voltaic Key

4 Phyrexian Colossus
3 Masticore
1 Avatar of Woe
4 Covetous Dragon

4 Wildfire
4 Dark Ritual
4 Pillage

Thanks for you help, guys.

D

Django

This looks like a very cool deck. Getting Metal Worker out on first turn rawks. Makes me drool when I think of all that mana..
Have you thought of adding Power Matrixes by the way? I love these cards and I tend to use em in all my artifact decks. Especially with a couple of Voltaics and a Colossus out.. woohoo :)

Off topic: Those quotes you have there really are from one of the best movies so far this year. Fight Club is almost as good in my opinion.