Dark Ascension Intro Packs: Spidey (Monstrous Surprise) vs boogiepop (Swift Justice)

B

boogiepop

I'll play a Traveler's Amulet and immediately sac it to put a Plains into my hand.
Plains
Errr, Done.

Spidey: 14
Hand: 2
Library: 46
Battlefield:

(T,T) Forest x2
(T,T,T) Mt x3

(T) Skirsdag Cultist (2/2; R, T, Sac a creature: ~ deals 2 dmg to target creature of player)
(T) Pyreheart Wolf (1/1; Whenever ~ attacks, each creature I control can't be blocked this turn except by two or more creatures.; Undying)
(S) Lumberknot (3/3 due to ctrs; Hexproof; Whenever a creature dies, put a +1/+1 ctr on ~) *2 +1/+1 ctrs*

Graveyard: Strangleroot Geist, Russet Wolves, Goblin Arsonist, Russet Wolves
Exile:
================================================================
boogiepop: 12
Hand: 1
Library: 45
Battlefield:

(T) Niblis of the Urn (1/1, Creature — Spirit, Flying, Whenever ~ attacks, you may tap target creature.)

(U,U,U,T,T) Mountain x5
(U,U) Plains x2

Graveyard: Stromkirk Noble, Burning Oil (FB: 3W), Wrack with Madness, Lightning Elemental, Burning Oil (FB: 3W), Silverchase Fox
Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Added the Amulet to your graveyard.

Untap, upkeep, draw

Attack with the Wolf and Lumberknot
Responses/blocks?
Hand: 3
Battlefield:

(U,U) Forest x2
(U,U,U) Mt x3

(U) Skirsdag Cultist (2/2; R, T, Sac a creature: ~ deals 2 dmg to target creature of player)
(T) Pyreheart Wolf (1/1; Whenever ~ attacks, each creature I control can't be blocked this turn except by two or more creatures.; Undying)
(T) Lumberknot (3/3 due to ctrs; Hexproof; Whenever a creature dies, put a +1/+1 ctr on ~) *2 +1/+1 ctrs*

Graveyard: Strangleroot Geist, Russet Wolves, Goblin Arsonist, Russet Wolves
Exile:
boogiepop: 12
Battlefield:

(T) Niblis of the Urn (1/1, Creature — Spirit, Flying, Whenever ~ attacks, you may tap target creature.)

(U,U,U,T,T) Mountain x5
(U,U) Plains x2

Graveyard: Stromkirk Noble, Burning Oil (FB: 3W), Wrack with Madness, Lightning Elemental, Burning Oil (FB: 3W), Silverchase Fox, Traveler's Amulet
Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
So that's 7

Done

Battlefield:

(T,U) Forest x2
(T,T,U) Mt x3

(U) Skirsdag Cultist (2/2; R, T, Sac a creature: ~ deals 2 dmg to target creature of player)
(T) Lumberknot (3/3 due to ctrs; Hexproof; Whenever a creature dies, put a +1/+1 ctr on ~) *2 +1/+1 ctrs*

Graveyard: Strangleroot Geist, Russet Wolves, Goblin Arsonist, Russet Wolves, Wild Hunger (FB: 3R)
Exile:
boogiepop: 5
Battlefield:

(U,U,U,T,T) Mountain x5
(U,U) Plains x2

Graveyard: Stromkirk Noble, Burning Oil (FB: 3W), Wrack with Madness, Lightning Elemental, Burning Oil (FB: 3W), Silverchase Fox, Traveler's Amulet
Exile:

B

boogiepop

Oh boy am I screwed. I probably should have burned that wolf (not that it would've helped much.)

UUD
Plains. :/
Another Niblis.
Done.

Battlefield:

(T,U) Forest x2
(T,T,U) Mt x3

Graveyard: Strangleroot Geist, Russet Wolves, Goblin Arsonist, Russet Wolves, Wild Hunger (FB: 3R)
Exile:
Hand: 0
Battlefield:

(U) Niblis of the Urn (1/1, Creature — Spirit, Flying, Whenever ~ attacks, you may tap target creature.)
(U) Niblis of the Urn (1/1, Creature — Spirit, Flying, Whenever ~ attacks, you may tap target creature.)

(U,U,U,U,T) Mountain x5
(U,U,T) Plains x2

Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Untap, upkeep, Draw

Forest
Attack with the Wolf and Lumberknot
Responses/blocks?
Library: 44
Battlefield:

(U,U,U) Forest x3
(U,U,U) Mt x3

Exile:
Hand: 0
Battlefield:

(U,U,U,U,T) Mountain x5
(U,U,T) Plains x2

Exile:

B

boogiepop

I'll block the Lumberknot with both my guys and flashback one of the burning oils on the wolf.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
In response, I'll sac the Wolf to the Cultist and target you for 2 dmg (triggering Lumberknot).

After that resolves, I'll cast another Wild Hunger on my Lumberknot, making him 7/5 with trample. I assume that's game because you're out of cards?

B

boogiepop

It is indeed. Good game.
And well played! I came to realize a turn or two ago that there was just no way I was going to stop you from beating me down severly with your Lumberknot.

Would you be interested in doing something a little different and trying out some decks I made?