Dark Ascension Intro Packs: Spidey (Grave Power) vs boogiepop (Dark Sacrifice)

B

boogiepop

UUD
Sac the last human to give the Torturer flying and another token.
If no responses, then the fliers attack.
Responses?

Spidey: 15
Hand: 2
Library: 47
Battlefield:

(T,U,U) Forest x3
(U,U,U) Island x3

Wreath of Geists (Enchanted creature get +x/+x, where X is the # of creature cards in my graveyard)

(T) Dawntreader Elk (3/3 due to Wreath; G, Sac ~: Search my library for a basic land card, put it onto the battlefield tapped, and shuffle my library) *Enchanted w/Wreath*
(U) Deranged Assistant (1/1; T, Put the top card of my library into my graveyard: Add 1 to my mana pool)
(U) Dawntreader Elk (2/2; G, Sac ~: Search my library for a basic land card, put it onto the battlefield tapped, and shuffle my library)

Graveyard: Moon Heron
Exile:

=======================================================================
boogiepop: 17
Hand: 3
Battlefield:

(U,U,U) Swamp x3
(U,U) Plains x2

(U) Unruly Mob (3/3 due to ctr Human, Whenever another creature you control dies, put a +1/+1 counter on ~.) *2 +1/+1 ctr*
(T) Falkenrath Torturer (4/3, Sacrifice a creature: ~ gains flying until end of turn. If the sacrificed creature was a Human, put a +1/+1 counter on ~.) *with 2 +1/+1 counters
(T) Spirit Token (1/1, flying)

Graveyard: Gather the Townsfolk, Lingering Souls (Flashback: 1B, sorcery, Put two 1/1 white Spirit creature tokens with flying onto the battlefield.), Death's Caress
Exile:

B

boogiepop

Okay, that's six.
Wakedancer. Her morbid triggers so she enters with a 2/2 zombie.
Mwahahahaha
Done

Spidey: 9
Battlefield:

(T,U,U) Forest x3
(U,U,U) Island x3

Wreath of Geists (Enchanted creature get +x/+x, where X is the # of creature cards in my graveyard)

(T) Dawntreader Elk (3/3 due to Wreath; G, Sac ~: Search my library for a basic land card, put it onto the battlefield tapped, and shuffle my library) *Enchanted w/Wreath*
(U) Deranged Assistant (1/1; T, Put the top card of my library into my graveyard: Add 1 to my mana pool)
(U) Dawntreader Elk (2/2; G, Sac ~: Search my library for a basic land card, put it onto the battlefield tapped, and shuffle my library)

Exile:

Battlefield:

(T,T,U) Swamp x3
(T,U) Plains x2

(U) Unruly Mob (3/3 due to ctr Human, Whenever another creature you control dies, put a +1/+1 counter on ~.) *2 +1/+1 ctr*
(T) Falkenrath Torturer (4/3, Sacrifice a creature: ~ gains flying until end of turn. If the sacrificed creature was a Human, put a +1/+1 counter on ~.) *with 2 +1/+1 counters
(S) Wakedancer (2/2 human shaman, Morbid — When ~ enters the battlefield, if a creature died this turn, put a 2/2 black Zombie creature token onto the battlefield.)
(S) Zombie Token (2/2)

Graveyard: Gather the Townsfolk, Lingering Souls (Flashback: 1B, sorcery, Put two 1/1 white Spirit creature tokens with flying onto the battlefield.), Death's Caress
Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Ugh. Things don't look too good.

Untap, upkeep, Draw

Attack with the enchanted Elk
Responses/blocks/take it?

Library: 46
Battlefield:

(U,U,U) Forest x3
(U,U,U) Island x3

Exile:

Battlefield:

(T,T,U) Swamp x3
(T,U) Plains x2

(S) Wakedancer (2/2 human shaman, Morbid — When ~ enters the battlefield, if a creature died this turn, put a 2/2 black Zombie creature token onto the battlefield.)
(S) Zombie Token (2/2)

Exile:

B

boogiepop

Nope. I tap out and cast Altar's Reap on the zombie to draw two cards. The Mob grows, heh.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Nice.

Forest, Done

Battlefield:

(U,U,U,U) Forest x4
(U,U,U) Island x3

Exile:

Hand: 4
Library: 45
Battlefield:

(T,T,T) Swamp x3
(T,T) Plains x2

(U) Unruly Mob (4/4 due to ctr Human, Whenever another creature you control dies, put a +1/+1 counter on ~.) *3 +1/+1 ctr*

Graveyard: Gather the Townsfolk, Lingering Souls (Flashback: 1B, sorcery, Put two 1/1 white Spirit creature tokens with flying onto the battlefield.), Death's Caress, Altar's Reap
Exile:

B

boogiepop

UUD
Plains
I'll sac the Wakedancer and attack again. Blocks?

Also, fixed my hand total. It was my own error in post #23.

Battlefield:

(U,U,U,U) Forest x4
(U,U,U) Island x3

Exile:

Library: 44
Battlefield:

(U,U,U) Swamp x3
(U,U,U) Plains x3

(U) Unruly Mob (5/5 due to ctr Human, Whenever another creature you control dies, put a +1/+1 counter on ~.) *4 +1/+1 ctr*
(T) Falkenrath Torturer (5/4, Sacrifice a creature: ~ gains flying until end of turn. If the sacrificed creature was a Human, put a +1/+1 counter on ~.) *with 2 +1/+1 counters

Graveyard: Gather the Townsfolk, Lingering Souls (Flashback: 1B, sorcery, Put two 1/1 white Spirit creature tokens with flying onto the battlefield.), Death's Caress, Altar's Reap, Wakedancer
Exile:

B

boogiepop

Sorry for the wait.
That's 7.
Unburial Rites, targeting the Wakedancer. It drags the zombie from the grave with it. Done

Spidey: 2
Battlefield:

(U,U,U,U) Forest x4
(U,U,U) Island x3

Exile:

Battlefield:

(T,T,T) Swamp x3
(T,T,U) Plains x3

(U) Unruly Mob (5/5 due to ctr Human, Whenever another creature you control dies, put a +1/+1 counter on ~.) *4 +1/+1 ctr*
(T) Falkenrath Torturer (5/4, Sacrifice a creature: ~ gains flying until end of turn. If the sacrificed creature was a Human, put a +1/+1 counter on ~.) *with 2 +1/+1 counters
(S) Zombie Token (2/2)

Graveyard: Gather the Townsfolk, Lingering Souls (Flashback: 1B, sorcery, Put two 1/1 white Spirit creature tokens with flying onto the battlefield.), Death's Caress, Altar's Reap, Unburial Rites (Flashback: 3W, Sorcery, Return target creature card from your graveyard to the battlefield.)

Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
No prob, looks like the game will be over soon anyway!

Untap, upkeep, draw

Tracker's Instinct, revealing Boneyard Wurm, Dawntreader Elk, and two Forests. Take the Wurm
Flashback Tracker's Instinct, revealing Island, Tracker's Instinct, Chasm Drake, and Ambush Viper. Take the Drake

Cast the Wurm

Done
Library: 37
Battlefield:

(T,T,T,T) Forest x4
(T,T,T) Island x3

(T) Dawntreader Elk (5/5 due to Wreath; G, Sac ~: Search my library for a basic land card, put it onto the battlefield tapped, and shuffle my library) *Enchanted w/Wreath*
(S) Boneyard Wurm (3/3; ~'s power and toughness are each equal to the # of creature cards in my graveyard)

Graveyard: Moon Heron, Dawntreader Elk, Forest, Forest, Island, Tracker's Instinct (FB: 2U), Ambush Viper
Exile: Tracker's Instinct

Battlefield:

(T,T,T) Swamp x3
(T,T,U) Plains x3

(S) Zombie Token (2/2)

Graveyard: Gather the Townsfolk, Lingering Souls (Flashback: 1B, sorcery, Put two 1/1 white Spirit creature tokens with flying onto the battlefield.), Death's Caress, Altar's Reap, Unburial Rites (Flashback: 3W, Sorcery, Return target creature card from your graveyard to the battlefield.)

Exile:

B

boogiepop

UUD
Sac the Wakedancer to the Falkenrath Torturer, giving it flying again and giving another counter to it and Unruly Mob.
Mob and Torturer attack.

Library: 37
Battlefield:

(T,T,T,T) Forest x4
(T,T,T) Island x3

(T) Dawntreader Elk (5/5 due to Wreath; G, Sac ~: Search my library for a basic land card, put it onto the battlefield tapped, and shuffle my library) *Enchanted w/Wreath*
(S) Boneyard Wurm (3/3; ~'s power and toughness are each equal to the # of creature cards in my graveyard)

Graveyard: Moon Heron, Dawntreader Elk, Forest, Forest, Island, Tracker's Instinct (FB: 2U), Ambush Viper
Exile: Tracker's Instinct

Library: 43
Battlefield:

(U,U,U) Swamp x3
(U,U,U) Plains x3

(U) Unruly Mob (6/6 due to ctr Human, Whenever another creature you control dies, put a +1/+1 counter on ~.) *5 +1/+1 ctr*
(T) Falkenrath Torturer (6/5, Sacrifice a creature: ~ gains flying until end of turn. If the sacrificed creature was a Human, put a +1/+1 counter on ~.) *with 4 +1/+1 counters
(U) Spirit Token (1/1, flying)
(U) Spirit Token (1/1, flying)
(U) Zombie Token (2/2)

Graveyard: Gather the Townsfolk, Lingering Souls (Flashback: 1B, sorcery, Put two 1/1 white Spirit creature tokens with flying onto the battlefield.), Death's Caress, Altar's Reap, Unburial Rites (Flashback: 3W, Sorcery, Return target creature card from your graveyard to the battlefield.), Wakedancer

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Take it and good game! I just couldn't stop the fliers (or remove them).

What do you want to do next? More Dark Ascension? Avacyn Restored packs? M13?

B

boogiepop

Yeah, it was a helluva lotta luck that the right cards kept coming.
As for sets, whichever you prefer.