D&D: Palace of the Silver Princess Level 2

T

train

(okay - I thought i was reading my stuff right - now I understand what you were trying to do... and I guess you now know where I was pulling the facts from... thanks...)

T

train

(Spidey - Not that we should - but now that we know where the discrepancies came from - had you thought about backing it up?...

I don't mind where we are now - but obviously, kinks have been thrown in your plan, and you are the DM...)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
** Well, I don't think it makes a difference right now. I'm not sure what you make of her "story", or what discrepancies might make a difference.

To recap, she says they snuck in, somehow fell asleep, and have no idea about the red glow or monsters roaming the castle.

T

train

Si'Nat

"well guys... we really shouldn't stay in one spot too long... which way are we heading..."

(I suggest back through the hallway to begin exploaring the rest of the palace...)

T

train

Si'Nat

(We head in the general direction we haven't explored... We'll keep missy bound for now...)

"Okay guys - be ready..."

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
** So you're taking her with you but bound? Who's watching over her? That might distract whoever it is a bit from fighting...

D

DarthFerret

I say that one of our long ranged attackers should be watching her...

B

BigBlue

Patrick

Well, I will take responsibility for Duchess.

Duchess, I am taking you at your word. As soon as it is convenient for us to leave, we will release you. I don't know what your background is, but if you spot anything unusual, like a trap or concealed door... It would go a long way towards building trust if you pointed it out. Thank You.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
You step through the doorway and enter an enormous room, so large that your torchlight barely touches the far ends. It's about 50' east-west and 40' north-south. A door is in the north wall.

A large canopy with heavy, dark red curtains is near the center of the room. The curtains are all closed. Three matching rugs lay side-by-side on the floor. There's also a long wooden dresser, a matching chest of drawers, and a large, stuffed easy chair.

(The second map goes on top of the first)

Attachments

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
You find various types of clothing that seem to belong to a male, and a couple of robes with symbols on them... very much like the robe the statue in the washroom was wearing.

T

train

Si'Nat

(Pays close attention to the curtains... bow and spell at the ready)

"Great Hall maybe?..."

B

BigBlue

Patrick

I think it's a large bedroom... my guess is the canopy covers a bed... let's be careful opening the curtains on it.

T

train

Si'nat

"Maybe I can just try something else... Ah... Here we go..."

(Pulls the bow back, and lets and arrow fly into the canopy... Will shoot a second at a different spot on the canopy if no response to the first arrow...)

"watches it fly - if nothing in there I can at least get them back..."

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
The arrow manages to penetrate the heavy curtain and disappears. Seconds later, a figure that looks very much like the statue in the wash room (old man with long hair and beard) pops out. He looks very peeved.