Dælith: Daily Cards, this time Done Right

• Thread starter Budget Player Cadet
  • Start date
B

Budget Player Cadet

Welcome to my new thread here... Every day, I'm gonna put up a card from my newly created set, Dælith. Can you guys get tags already?!? :mad:

[FONT="Times New Roman"][SIZE="5"]The set concept:
[/SIZE][/FONT]Dælith is a forgotten, sealed-off plane where planeswalking is an unknown art. And it is being besieged by demons through a rip in the multiverse that leads straight to the Abyss.
This rip doesn't just bring demons. Things are simply vanishing. From people to machines, many things are disappearing, not only materially, but also from the memories of people.
Among them was the last king of holarta, land of the men, Darren. He led the would be final battle against the demon hordes, but his disappearance led to the forgetting of many other things, including the will to fight.
Many humans were enslaved, their will forever destroyed. But the fight raged on, if only for survival.
But the forgotten still exist, their power welling up over the forgotten plane... And Darren, lost in the multiverse, his own spark realizing existence, is searching for his lost home...

[FONT="Times New Roman"][SIZE="5"]Closer description of the world:[/SIZE][/FONT]
The demons were sealed away behind a worldwall, before the human king, King Bainhart, attempted to destroy it for an unknown reason. The worldwall was closest to the part of the world where the elves live, and their sacred forests.
The humans, living further away, realized this folly after the elves sent message of it. They rushed to help, including Bainhart, who fell in battle.
Darren, the heir, led the humans into the 'final battle'...
Now the remaining humans fight for survival with the elves, who still live well.
Beyond the realm of the humans is a large desert, and beyond that is a massive ocean. Rivers lead from the highlandish forests of the elves to the ocean, which lead to the waterfolk, a massive group of sentient animated water elementals, to this, as watchers.
The plane's goblins, which were always there, albeit an annoyance as opposed to a threat, allied with the chaotic demons and won much power.

[FONT="Times New Roman"][SIZE="5"]The Mechanics:[/SIZE][/FONT]

Rank: At the beginning of your upkeep, creatures you control with rank deal damage equal to their rank to you unless you have a creature of higher rank in play.
Ex:

[B]Demon of the First Circle[/B] B
Creature-Demon
2/1
Rank 1

Recruitment (X): A creature with Recruitment can pay its recruitment cost and tap to get a creature of its own type with converted mana cost less than its Recruitment cost. Strictly colorless costs here.

ex:

Backstreet Alarmist W
Creature-Human Rebel
Recruitment 3 (3, T: search your library for a human rebel creature with Converted Mana Cost less than 3 and put it into play. Shuffle your library.)

Other mechanics may pop up depending on how the set continues.

[FONT="Times New Roman"][SIZE="5"]The Color Pie:[/SIZE][/FONT]
W= White belongs mostly to the remaining humans which have gone into different rebel factions. They are strong, which they would have to be, and of course, they are hellbent against the demons. They want to survive, to build anew (they don't know about Darren any more, but they know about their earlier power from seeing their ruins). Many of the white cards will care about saving your creatures, trade-offs, and R/B hosing.

G= The Elves still survive. They lived closest to the demons, but they were able to protect their forests from annihilation (they wouldn't burn, and wouldn't cut), but they are also very scattered and disempowered, like the humans. Green focuses a lot on its land, its creatures matter, and it cares about the RFG zone.

U= The waterfolk are the larger procentage of blue's creature. They are very metamagical, knowing much about how magic works. But they are tricky, hard to grasp, and will not form alliances. They are hit the hardest by the disappearances, and therefore generally care the most of all colors about the RFG zone. Blue is also very metamagical in this set (yes, permission may appear). Humans can also be blue.

R= Many, many [I]dwarves[/I] (for a change) are here, as well as a few humans. Red is more chaotic than ever before, and with the influences from black, it may have some 'Black cards matter' stuff, and things like terminate may appear. Red doesn't really card about RFG, and has no qualms nuking everything.

B= Demons are huge. Black has a very controlling side to it (expect some stuff like enslave), and have a lot of 'rank' stuff. Black will also try to nuke everything, but not to the extent of red. RFG is important to black. Black may also have humans, traitors/slaves to the demonic hordes, and plenty of zombies.

Today's preview:

[IMG]http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn66/BudgetPlayerCadet/DemonsRevenge.jpg

Demon's Revenge BB
Tribal Instant-Demon
Destroy target White, Red, Blue, or Green creature. It can't be regenerated.
"Shoot me with your petty crossbow. I have better weapons."
-Asmodeus

M

Modus Pwnens

Wouldn't that be tribal instant - demon?

Anyway, it looks a lot like good ol' terror to me..

B

Budget Player Cadet

Not quite-terror can't nuke a Demigod of Revenge.

turgy22

Nothing Special
True, but it's not quite the same. It allows you to hit black multicolored creatures as well as colored artifact creatures. And, of course, it's tribal, which can have it's own influence as well. I like it.

And I'm looking forward to seeing more card designs. Yay, creativity!

B

Budget Player Cadet

Wait up, there's a TON of stuff in this file, and I'll be working it over later today.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
One cannot solve all of their problems with goat and paddle alone. Just most of them.

Ransac, cpa trash man

B

Budget Player Cadet

Goat to wave in face of opponent: $50
Paddle to hit MP with: $18
The insane amount of lame spinoff jokes from this meme: Priceless.

You can't buy everything in life. For everything else, there's MasterDwarvenPony.

M

Modus Pwnens

I would say colorless qualifies as being nonartifact, nonblack..

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
I thought you were talking about BPC's card.
It can't kill Mutavault.

Ransac will now beat you Nerf footballs and stuffed toy lambs........

B

Budget Player Cadet

Another day, another new card... I'm personally proud of this one:

Assimilate Mind 1U/B
Instant
Remove target creature you don't control from the game. That creature's controller draws cards equal to that creature's power.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
I agree, not to mention that it gives blue a straight up "remove target creature" card.

It also doesn't fit into the color scheme. Removing creatures from the game are more white than black.

Ransac, cpa trash man

B

Budget Player Cadet

Hmm... Well, you can't draw cards from it, I made sure of that. It doesn't fit in the pie... Hmm. Any advice for fixing it?

B

Budget Player Cadet

Okay... new version:

Assimilate Mind BU
Instant
Destroy Target Creature. Its controller draws cards equal to that creature's power.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Still too cheap as you're probably drawing at least 1 card (how many Walls do you encounter?). I'd say cost it at least 2BU and for the black flavor, make it Destroy non-black, non-artifact creature.