Cursed Green T2

M

Major Crime

This deck was designed to counter Rebel & Merc' decks mainly. I did not expect it to work to well. I've been playing it against a number of T2 tourny decks, some of our group are trying to get into the nationals with.
The deck has been doing about 50:50 against these decks. The deck also works against Masticores, fast large green, ping, spellshapers. Basically any deck which has creatures which do more than attack & block.

The deck works around the Cursed totems shutting down their decks, and then you just rush the damage over. I've been told that it's a stompy deck, but just using cheap creatures, so it's really green weenie.
Odd card numbers ie Might of Oaks (only 1) is due to me only having one.

Forest x16
Treetop Village x4
Cursed Totem x4
Giant Growth x4
Might of Oaks x1
Symbiosis x4
Defence of the Heart x1
Retaliation x2
Rancor x4
Acridian x2
Elvish Archers x2
Hunting Moa x2
Mossdog x4
Pouncing Jaguar x4
Simian Grunts x2
Skyshroud Ridgeback x4

D

Dune Echo

Have you considered replacing the Retaliation with something slightly more proactive, like Skyshroud Cutter/Vine Dryad or Tranquil Domain?

Also, have you tried replacing the Mossdog with Wild Dogs or something else that's cheap like that?

D

Duel

Try using Briar Patch. It's fun.

"Oh please, Br'er bear, torture me, kill me, but don't throw me in that there briar patch"
-Br'er rabbit

"Whee! Your rhox now has me on a twenty turn clock!"
-Me, IRL

F

FoundationOfRancor

I would use better beatdown creatures. Like cradle gaurd, blastoderm, river boa, and maybe hunted wumpus.

A

Arawn

Green stompy control. Dawnstriders Have better control ov er damage then Briar patch a walking fog is great for the deck. I suggest giant growths , great surprise card. A good all around deck

M

Major Crime

1) Waht set is Briar Patch & is there a rabbit in it?
2)Retaliations, make the deck just that bit harder. It's not used here much, well just by me, so most people forget what it does then bloke your 1/1 with rancor on thier 1/1. They are surprised when I refuse to remove the 1/1.
3)Dawnstriders, I like them, but it is an activated abitility, so no go.
4)I've had a look at the Blasto' but it's another short liver, I may remove the Defence of the heart for one.

If anyone else playes the deck, it's name is Green Goblin. My nickname is an old Laserquest alias which is Snotgoblin, so the goblin bit is the first users name, & the Green bit just confuses ever one!

G

galtwish

18 Forest
4 Treetop Village
2 Land Grant
4 Cursed Totem
4 Giant Growth
1 Might of Oaks
4 Rancor
3 Retaliation
4 Acridian
4 Pouncing Jaguar
4 Wild Dogs
4 Elvish Archers
4 Cradle Guard

-4 Symbiosis
You'd need about 26+ creatures to justify this in addition to Rancor & Growth
-1 Defence of the Heart
Too expensive, and you'll probably have more creatures than the other guy anyway
+2 Acridian
4 Toughness is good,e sp w. Rancor, Totem & Retaliation
+2 Archers
First Strike is good for the same reasons
+4 Cradle Guard
Trample is good for the same reasons
+1 Retaliation
If you're going to use it, abuse it
-4 Ridgeback
Dogs are superior
-3 Grunts
Suprise is good, but that's what Growths are for. I'd keep them in if there is a lot of Blue or Ponza, but otherwise I'd send them to the sideboard.
+2 Forest/Land Grant
This deck is a little more mana hungry and doesn't have Elves available
-4 Mossdog
Good with Retaliation (as would be Deepwood Wolverine), but bad with Totem, as anything that will target them will kill them anyways. Putting tougher creatures/bigger beaters instead.

Pretty cool deck, I might have to try out the Green Goblin

Good luck & have fun,
Erik

M

Major Crime

As to using the 4 symbiosis, I find that in the early game (2 or 3 creatures out my side, 1 or 2 their side) they expect your to GG or they try to take out your smaller creatures with trade blocking. So a sym' kills their blocker & puts an extra 2 damage on a free creature. Also if you have more than one creature with trample it is useful to be able to spread the help around.

Elvish Archers, Yes I would use 4, but someone made them a rare, so 2's all I've got. Boo Hiss!.
Cradle Guard & extra Acridian's, I was trying to keep the number of 2 turn payers (forgot the name of the ability). Also Guards have a payed for ability so I did not look at them, but if got trample might put them in. Also for some reason we are short of them here in the UK, we have people trading, swapping for them for Tourny decks.
I'll have a play around over the weekend & see what works against the T2 Tourny decks.

I do enjoy killing off tourny decks, it stops the pro-t's getting to big for their boots.

D

Dune Echo

Cradle Guard is a trampler, Major Crime. They're REALLY good.

Cradle Guard 1GG
Creature-Treefolk
Echo, trample
4/4

I've always said these guys were good, but everyone likes the Albino Troll instead. I have to agree that the picture for the Troll may be better.

G

Gizmo

Has River Boa been banned or something?
Come on guys - go-ah with the Boa!

M

Major Crime

I dislike River Boa's (my favourite decks are merfolk ones, so not to good against them) Might put them in the side board to go against blue.

Took out the Defence of the Heart, put in an Emperor Crocodile, works well with a Rancor & Hunting Moa, got round large blue with it.

Put in a Dust bowl & the Hollow (gives regen' for one G). I've only one of each, do need more.

Played a green mana creature, large creature & land control deck. Had trouble with the land control, got court on two land, oppo' was using Plow Under & a way of returning it to hand, as well as 4 Ports. He kept getting two out by turn 5 as well as at least two uses of the plow. Did better if I had Cursed Totem in starting hand. Again went two & two, which upset Dave as he was going to a Regional Qualifier with that deck yesterday.

M

Major Crime

I've found my Cradle Guards read them, found they have no activated ability so forget any of the bits above. I'm just working out how to get them into the deck
The Defence of the Heart when out for an Emp' Croc', which has now gone out for one C Guard.
Might loss the Moa's for them.

I will not be using any Wild Dogs as all the green Tourney decks around here have them.

M

Major Crime

I've been playing the deck quite a bit, it's become one of those, "Here try beating Snotty's deck, with your now WHAT EVER deck."
I've got hold of a third Elvish Archer, so I'm going to put it in tonight. That is the one problem with the deck, that there are not many 2 mana creatures, most are 1 or 3, so can stall.
I've been trying to get more than the one Cradle Guard I've added to the deck, into the deck over the last week. Looking at how the deck playes I've desided to remove the grunts from the deck, they have the same cost as the guards so that's no problem, does mean I've no surprise blokers now, but a 4/4 trampler coming out in my turn should stop them from attacking with at least one large creature or several smaller ones.
So this is the deck I'll use at the club this Saturday.

Forest x16
Treetop Village x4
Cursed Totem x4
Giant Growth x4
Might of Oaks x1
Symbiosis x4
Retaliation x2
Rancor x4
Acridian x2
Cradle Guard x2
Elvish Archers x3
Hunting Moa x2
Mossdog x4
Pouncing Jaguar x4
Skyshroud Ridgeback x4

May lose the Might of Oaks for another Guard.
I'm still finding it's fun to play this deck, as it is not an "Always wins deck" :rolleyes:, you do have to know when to wait or go for suciside attacks (kill race).