Crucible Junk

O

I know the card is not out yet. but i want to get a jump on this thing.
For those of you who do not know what "Crucible of Worlds" is:

crucible of worlds 3
Artifact
You may play land cards in your graveyard so though they were in your hand.

This card will be comming out in Fifth Dawn. it is the new "players make the card" voted for on the wizards web site.

I'm thinking about an extended deck for it.
something that really abuses sacking and rebuilding land.
Something like this:.....

4 Crucible of Worlds
4 Mox Diamond
2 Chrome Mox
3 Horn of Greed
4 Exploration
3 Stroke of Genius
4 Bird of Paradice
4 Trade Routes
2 Masticore
4 Saproling Cluster
4 Counterspell

3 Gaea's Cradle
2 City of Traitors
1 Barbarian Ring
1 Cephalid Coliseum
1 Nomad Stadium
2 Waistland
1 Windswept Heath
1 Poluted Delta
5 Forest
5 Island

Ok, so this is how it goes:
Mox diamond used to be OK at best because of the land dicarding thing. well, now it's just really good. and combined with chorme mox and exploration and Birds. Fast mana in extended is going to be...Fast.
Next we want to drop crucible and use trade routes and stroke to draw into our busniess cards. or into the crucible if you haven't gotten it by turn two or three.
you have control of the board with the masticore and Barbarian Ring which comes back every turn to help.
the odyessy utility sac lands will help out very nicely with the invention of this card.
I am making a small combo with this deck by dumping as many tokens into play as possible with Saproling Cluster and then using gaea's cradle to add tons of mana into your mana pool. Remember, you can tap: add 10 green mana to your pool. trade routes it away, and them play it again with exploration. do it as many times as needed, then stroke for alot.
Now this isn't really needed. I'm just thinking of new ways for the Tinker/Stroke deck to make a comback.
Another idea however is to use Goblin Trenches.
but i just cant think of any good Red/white control.

D

DeathMaster666

"zuran orb and fastbond wouldn't hurt..."

They're not extended legal, I think he is trying to make an extended deck.

T

train

good point on the extended sentence - missed it entirely... just saw some older cards in there and was thinking happy thoughts...;)

other ideas to be posted here...:rolleyes:

:cool:

Okay - forthcoming ideas:

Limited Resources
Goblin Trenches
Lithatog
Thaumatog
Terravore
Epicenter
Rath's Edge
Dust Bowl
Sylvan Safekeeper

M

Master Shake

Terravore is probably not the greatest idea... I thought we were playing cards from the graveyard? That means Terravore is going to be rather small.

T

train

Well... it was the epicenter that makes him sophat!!!...

Then - so you're not land screwed - you can play lands from the graveyard - but after you attack so his power is at it's peak...

It follows the geddon idea - but ensures you don't get screwed...